Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

KLB Open House on Saturday February 9th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Here's a message I received from Kawartha Lakes Brewery with what's been happening with them over the past few months:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To all KLB customers and friends of the Brewery
From Andrew Cousins, President and CEO:

As I always say, it is long overdue that I update you on KLB's situation at this time. I am very pleased to announce that after slogging it out for six long years in an old and tired production facility, KLB has found a new home. We moved the brewery in the month of October just south of the old facility. We're excited to be in a much larger building and fresh surroundings. In short, we're thrilled by the prospect of being able to produce more beer.

Some of you may have noticed that we are short on product in The Beer Store. Despite our efforts to brew as much beer as possible prior to the move, we were unable to brew enough to supply adequately for November and December. Over the next next few weeks we should be brewing at normal levels again and meeting your demand. The news is all good, and the new facility will finally allow us to introduce the Pale Ale to The Beer Store in the winter months, among many other goodies to come.

Yes yes , I promised a new web site. Well it's done, but I have had no time to get it going. Soon, real soon, but that no longer is a promise. God forbid I ever get around to promoting the brewery!

On Saturday January 26, 2002 KLB will host an Open House from noon to 8:00 pm. I am expecting a large turnout and urge you all to set aside some time that day and have a few beers, see the new brewery, and indulge in fine Peterborough cuisine from our local clients and supporters. I will send out a detailed invitation in the first week of January. I truly hope you can make it.

This has been yet another overdue KLB update, and I might add, the most boring one to date! I shall endeavor to function more adequately next time. As for your holidays, hoist a pint of KLB and remember, most of us at KLB have not seen our kids for weeks because you all keep drinking our beer! (tongue in cheek). Please have fun, and please be safe, and I hope to see you at the Open House.

And oh yes, for extremely good reading over the holidays, pick up Nicholas Pashly's new book "Notes on a Beer Matt". He is even more dismissive of Celine Dion than I am, which is impossible, and certainly healthier. A great book for those that care to drink great beer and are not afraid to talk about it. I highly recommend it.

All the best

Andrew Cousins
President/CEO, KLB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their website is http://www.klb.on.ca and still not updated yet...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAN-D-MAN on 2002-01-11 10:53 ]</font>

Andrew notified me that the date has been changed to February 9th, 2002.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAN-D-MAN on 2002-01-13 16:29 ]</font>