Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New York

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

I'm heading down to New York in a couple of weeks...haven't been in a few years. I'm a child of the 60's and have had a lifelong passion for the music of the Animals and Eric Burdon and the New Animals are appearing at BB King's club. Will be staying in Manhattan in the Theatre District and would appreciate any suggestions as to some good bars we should try!

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Not that I have addresses, but dba in the East Village is a good bet, as it the Blind Tiger Ale House in the Village. Now, the Blind Tiger I'm told is extremely crowded at night, but I went on a Thursday afternoon and I had the place to myself (and the happy hour pints!).

I guess for addresses I'll just have to check the Ale Street News I have lying around somewhere.