Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Pepperwood Bistro's Annual Ontario Microbrew Festival on Feb

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

The Brewing News lists the event as being on February 25th. This is in error after speaking to the Pepperwood Bistro.

They confirmed that the event is on Sunday February 24th from 3-5pm. They have invited about 30 micro breweries and expect most to show up as they did last year.

Some confirmed micros are Black Oak, McAuslan, Olin, Niagara Falls, Brick, and so on.

The cost is $30 and includes sampling, appetizers and a buffet.

Pepperwood Bistro is located at 1455 Lakeshore Boulevard in Burlington.

I plan on being there

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Is anyone else going to the Pepperwood tomorrow? I'm still considering it, and there are apparently tickets still available. But then there's this damn hockey game and only one TV (shrug). Anyway, we need some sort of signal or secret handshake to identify each other.

See you at the Pepperwood . . . maybe . . .
Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcappadocia on 2002-02-23 18:22 ]</font>

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Hi:

I've just returned from the Pepperwood. Not a bad afternoon. Nothing really new or exciting, but some good beers were tried.

Here are the results:

First Place: McAuslan
Second Place: Oland (Interbrew)
Third Place: Niagara Falls

Oh, and Canada won the hockey game.

It was sort of odd comparing breweries rather than beers. I mean which beer from which brewery do you judge? I judged the Oatmeal Stout from McAuslan which was a little unfair because I love the beer. On the other hand, I'm not really fond of the Griffin Blond. Judging the Interbrew products also seemed odd. I like Hoegaardan, Leffe, and Belleview but don't like Stella. Then how do you compare these to somebody like Black Oak? Also, Interbrew doesn't need my vote to help their marketing. I would rather see a brewery like Niagara Falls or Black Oak win a tap than Interbrew which will buy theirs.

Anyway, just some thoughts, and I'm still a little light-headed so forgive any typos.

Cheers, Joe.