Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Winking Judge's semi-annual BeerFest on April 27th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Here's the wording from their website:

"We invite a dozen or so brewers to showcase their products. Attendance is limited to 75 people. You get to sample many types of beers and food. A commemorative glass beer mug is yours to take home. The BeerFest usually sells out FAST. Contact us for more info."

I unfortunately won't be able to attend this one... :sad:

http://www.winkingjudge.com/events.htm

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Hi:

Just a question to Perry that I thought might be of interest to us all. Is your to be released Sgt. Major's IPA a real ale?

On a related note, has anyone come across a real ale IPA? Or, could this be a first?

Cheers, Joe.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The Sgt. Major's IPA will be done as both a cask ale and filtered draught. We will launch the beer at the 'Judge on April 27 in its cask form. Since it is a limited run item, we will only be casking a few firkins, so when they run out, regular draught will be available. Knowing the judge, the may have both side by side!
This is not the first cask IPA. The Chicago Real Ale Festival had oodles of them. Oddly enough, the one I prefered was served on the Thursday evening whern home brewed beers were featured. The home brewed IPA was outstanding! Hope to see you all at the Beerfest.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

So, I have tickets 001 and 002 to the Beerfest. That's my reward for trusting them with my money prior to the tickets being printed. Although, I was teased a bit when picking up the tickets: "One of those, eh?" I guess I am a tad obsessive.

Will anyone else be attending, that is, besides Perry?