Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

HopDevil

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Chris

Post by Chris »

Well, I saw a fair bit of discussion about hopdevil in the <a href="http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... 81&forum=7"> Random talk section</a>. But none here...Seeing that this is probably one of the best beers I have ever tasted, I think that it deserves an audience here in the Beer Reviews section. Maybe Cass could copy and paste some of the comments from the Random talk into this section.

Anyway, while I am far from a true connoisseur of beer...I do enjoy a finely crafted ale...and victory hopdevil is definely one of the best...

I know that the LCBO only ordered 200 cases, but I really hope that this beer gets picked up on a regular basis to save myself repeated trips to buffalo.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The HopDevil is without question one of my favourite beers. Great appearance, aroma, flavour. I've liked this one since my first bottle tried.

Kudos to the LCBO for bringing in this beer and I hope it is selling as well as it seems.

As per Peter's suggestion, I e-mailed Bill Covaleski at Victory and let him know that the HopDevil is being very well received in Toronto. I took the liberty of speaking for the users of the forum in saying that we all enjoy the HopDevil greatly :smile:

And he did confirm that the Whirlwind Witbier will most likely be following in the spring/summer. Hopefully we will begin to see Victory as regularly as we do Rogue in Ontario.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

As much as I'd love to see HopDevil and a number of other beers here on an ongoing basis, it's not likely to happen any time soon. Another person you guys might like to e-mail periodically is Chris Robertson, Product Manager of LCBO Beers & Special Markets at chris.robertson@lcbo.com.. Let him know how you feel about HopDevil and other beers as it can only help our cause. I can let you know that the LCBO has rejected Golden Monkey from Victory as well as Storm King Stout even though these are both spectacular examples of their styles and if I told you about some of the other beers they've rejected you'd be crying in your beer. The unfortunate fact is that there is a finite limit to the number of beers they want to include in their promotions so some of the best beers in the world have to be rejected as the emphasis is as much on how quickly they'll sell (mainstream English ales being the preferred option) as opposed to how good they are.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

No Golden Monkey? That is enough to make me cry in my beer. Hopefully Victory and/or Rogue will get to the point that you're at with St. Peter's, where the name alone brings in enough business to get into stores.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A definite shame about the Golden Monkey and Storm King.

However, I'm still happy we did get the HopDevil.