Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellhaven Blueberry

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jkubik

Bellhaven Blueberry

Post by jkubik »

Definite looser.
The smell of blueberry is there at the start, but the beer is too sweet.
My opinion is don't accept this, even if it's free.
-Jkubik-

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

You'll get no argument from me.

Interestingly enough I just finished an east coast brew tour where every brewer and his mama is making a blueberry or fruit ale...all of them were miles ahead of this Bellhaven effort in their subtle use of fruit extracts...the Bellhaven is just to heavily infused with the extract to leave a pleasing taste experience.
Aventinus rules!

emjay

Post by emjay »

The initial aroma after opening the bottle was the only good thing about the beer... it was pretty gross otherwise