Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Permier Gourmet

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

I'll post this as an open letter. Much of what I have to say has been said before, but it bares reiterating.

Lyle:

I was in Premier Gourmet on Friday, July 19 and once again I was quite impressed with the knowledge of your staff. Frankly, I find the store a little overwhelming. There are so many factors to consider: style, selection, cost, etc. I had decided I wanted some hoppy IPAs and some summer beers. I didn't really know where to start. I asked one of your staff for his suggestions/recommendations (the name Josh seems familiar). Anyway, he really knew his stuff. He seemed to have an excellent knowledge of the beers and the styles. He was able to comment on the different malts, the yeasts, and hops used in several of the beers. His knowledge of beers was obviously quite sophisticated, and I appreciated that he didn't try to dumb-it-down or get rid of me quickly. Moreover, having tried several of the beers, he was bang on. They were exactly what I wanted and expected.

I wish I could visit your store more often. You have a fantastic selection and a great staff. If only the LCBO could get halfway to where you are.

Cheers, Joe.

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Joe,

Thanks for your kind words! I'll be sure to pass them on to Josh. I also have an updated product list which I will email to Cass in the next few days.

You may have noticed that there are a lot of new beers on the shelves. We are working on getting several new product lines as well - which hopefully will be arriving in the next few weeks. Plus, our website - http://www.premiergourmet.com - will shortly have a full beer list, updated 'real time' from our inventory software, and complete with descriptions, links, style info, pictures, etc.

As always, we greatly appreciated the patronage of bartowelers, and definitely want to hear your feeback (positive and negative)!
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net