Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

O'Hanlon's / Thomas Hardy's Ale

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

O'Hanlon's / Thomas Hardy's Ale

Post by Roland + Russell »

We are about to complete another order for this brewery. Please let us know if you would like to order a case (or more) of the following:

Thomas Hardy's Ale
Royal Oak
Yellow Hammer
Original Port Stout
Double Champion Wheat
Goodwill Bitter

We plan to close this round by Monday, June 11. This is the last chance to order the 2006 Thomas Hardy's of which we secured a small number of remaining cases. For more details, please visit our site or contact us at:
sales@rolandandrussell.com

Thank you,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Are these still available at Smokeless Joes?

Roland + Russell

Yes, Smokeless Joe should still have some of the O'Hanlon's products available for you to sample. You may wish to give the bar a call to confirm the available selection, especially if there is a particular beer you are curious about.

Regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

What is the bottling year of the THA? I think the one I have already received is the 2006. Are we at 2007 yet?

Roland + Russell

This is the 2006 vintage, the very last fifty cases of it. The 2007 will be released in September.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I drank my case in a week. It just disappeared!

I think I'll look for something a tad stronger, *wink, nudge*
In Beerum Veritas

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

I'd like to hear some more opinions of the THA.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gedge wrote:I'd like to hear some more opinions of the THA.
I did start a TH 2006 thread on Beer Reviews but almost all participants in the last order were unresponsive.

I WILL say that any beer that packs this many flavours and such intensity - and can be kept indefinitely - is a no brainer for a case or two. It is the gift that will keep on giving.

You won't regret it.
In Beerum Veritas

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I agree with Belgian. I'm very happy that I got in on the order. The only other Thomas Hardy's Ale I had was from the 1993 edition. Considering I paid about $14 for that (and really enjoyed it!) I think this is well worth the purchase.

I would order a second case, as it's going to be hard to make this one last, but there are so many other things I want to get.