Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Blithering Idiot

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lemmings

Post by Lemmings »

I don't claim to have the palette that most of your guys have, but has anyone tried one of these. Had it when visiting a friend in Pittsburgh and thought it was horrible, although he claimed it was a bad batch. Availability in Toronto?

http://www.weyerbacher.com/cwo/Our_Beer ... ing_Idiot/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lemmings on 2002-10-31 15:54 ]</font>

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

As far as I know these beers are unavailable in Ontario. I don't recall seeing them at Smokeless Joe's but I could be wrong. Premier Gourmetin Buffalo has had them in the past (check the product list).

I have not tried Blithering Idiot but I have had their Hop Infusion and was pleasently surpirsed. I thought the beer would be gimmicky but it was, in fact, well balanced.
Cheers, Joe.

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

I've had the idiot, and while it wasn't the best barleywine I've ever had(that being dogfishhead immortale), it was still a solid beer. I'd trust your friend that it was a bad batch.

kp