LCBO beer releases for 2009

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

matt7215 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:The Ola Dubh 40 Year Old has also now received a listing number!!!!!!!

My, My, My :D
whats the #?? i just searched and cant find it
Can't remember and I didn't write it down.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Torontoblue wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:The Ola Dubh 40 Year Old has also now received a listing number!!!!!!!

Can't remember and I didn't write it down.
The numbers won't show in the internet yet Matt, just the internal intranet. I already posted them earlier in this thread though.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

just found em. thx len!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

matt7215 wrote:

I believe that Sid (torontoblue) saw it listed on one of the internal listings that the LCBO shares with agents, suppliers, etc. It'll probably be a while before it shows up in the online database.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I just saw the Ola Dubh 12 for sale in a British grocery store (I'm currently in the UK) for $3, so that would come in at about 5.50 based on direct conversion.

Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

matt7215 wrote:
cannondale wrote:Perhaps not as exciting as the Ola Dubh news, but recently noticed that 750 mL Duvel gift box with glass has popped up on the LCBO website. I don't recall any mention of that particular product in any of the upcoming release discussions, but if it is coming that's great.

FWIW, noticed Schmucker Bio Pils on their website as well.
$7.95 for the Duvel gift pack is a hell of a deal. Id pay that just for the glass.

Any word on this? I just did a product search on lcbo site and found only the 330's, yet I remember seeing it about a week ago. Someone change their mind?

wilco

Post by wilco »

boney wrote:Just noticed that GR Town Hall Lager came up on the inventrory, but without any stock yet. Anyone have any idea when Denison's and Taps Vanila Wheat are going to arrive? I was hoping to have some of these by the end of summer.
I've now given up any hope of drinking Denison's while it's moderately warm out, but it would be nice to know if we will still see this eventually.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

wilco wrote: I've now given up any hope of drinking Denison's while it's moderately warm out, but it would be nice to know if we will still see this eventually.
yes. michael said it should be around in the next few weeks.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm personally looking forward to some liquids with a proven appeal and strong table presence. Those beers tend to be my favorite.

(You can tell I hate invisible, unappealing solid beers a lot. That's just how I see things...)
In Beerum Veritas

carguy

Post by carguy »

I've seen Grand River Town Hall Lager at two LCBO's this weekend. Scottsdale Drive in Guelph, and Franklin Boulevard in Cambridge.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

Well, I tried to get some info about October's Ultra-Premium release, which may or may not contain the Ola Dubh beers, but no luck. I guess using the phrase "Ultra-Premium Beers" in both the subject and body of my email was just too subtle, so I got the Autumn Ales list instead. :roll:

Over to you, Greg.
Here's to the slow path.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Wheatsheaf wrote:Well, I tried to get some info about October's Ultra-Premium release, which may or may not contain the Ola Dubh beers.
the ola dubh will be more like mid december

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Just also noticed that Brewdog's Punk IPA has a CSPC number listed in the reporting tool now, 149773.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Wheatsheaf wrote: I guess using the phrase "Ultra-Premium Beers" in both the subject and body of my email was just too subtle
... or maybe the phrase itself is just really useless. Only my contribution on the matter.
In Beerum Veritas

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Last year we had the Winter Release list by Sep 2nd. Any idea when this years will be forthcoming? (always need something to look forward to :) )