Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Introducing The Bar Towel™

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Introducing The Bar Towel™

Post by Cass »

I know this might not mean much to everyone here, but it means a lot to me so I thought I'd share. We're now The Bar Towel™ - I've officially been granted a registered trademark!

This was about two years in the making and I feel it's meaningful as it's a recognition of what BT stands for in the beer community.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this as its exciting for me. As usual, many thanks for everyone's ongoing participation and support on the site, it's the community that makes this what it is.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Congrats Cass!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Congratulations Cass! It's hard to believe that something that started out as a newsletter so many years ago has turned into one of the biggest resources for the brewing industry in Ontario. Hard work really does pay off.

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Sweet - good job Cass.

Now, how about some officially branded The Bar Towel™ merchandise? Pint glasses? Coasters? Towels? :-)

-Josh

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

detritus wrote:Sweet - good job Cass.

Now, how about some officially branded The Bar Towel™ merchandise? Pint glasses? Coasters? Towels? :-)

-Josh
Yes, Bar Towel bar towels have long been on my list to make. Maybe now is the time... :-)

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Huzzah!

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Congrats Cass...how about we consider organizing some sort of Bartowel gathering/party to celebrate?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Excellent news! I will now call the site 'The Bar Towel™' when I discuss it with the missus.
Last edited by Bobsy on Fri May 23, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Cass wrote:

-Josh
Yes, Bar Towel bar towels have long been on my list to make. Maybe now is the time... :-)
Great, there goes my soon to be released line of Bartowel brand thong bikinis. I suppose you want some kind of royalty now huh Mr.Bigshot?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Wow this is actually really cool Cass! It makes everything seem so much more official and significant 8) .

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

If anyone's interested, the CIPO trademark database entry for the mark is here.

Interestingly, the listing doesn't explicitly cover towels, though it covers everything else you'd think would be relevant:
Branded clothing namely t-shirts, shirts, golf shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, pants and hats; branded drinking vessels namely beer mugs and beer glasses; branded serving accessories namely coasters, bottle openers, tap handles, and mats.
-Josh

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

detritus wrote: Interestingly, the listing doesn't explicitly cover towels, though it covers everything else you'd think would be relevant:
It was actually a fairly challenging process from what I understand about trademark applications. Towels could not be a part of the trademark as I couldn't trademark the name of a real-life item. In other words, the trademark couldn't prevent someone from producing bar towels and calling them that.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

detritus wrote:
Towels? :-)

-Josh
RateBeer actually has thongs. Not sure I'd want to see who's wearing those.

Could BarTowel have combat vests? I think they would look cool. Lots of little pockets to hide bottle openers, PDAs etc.
In Beerum Veritas

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Congratulations!

Where do I get my golf shirt?
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Cass wrote:

-Josh

That's about as much a mouthful as Bob Loblaw's Law Blog (for you AD fans out there).