Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Had the Third Moon Gordie Mortis. Quite nice, came across as an amped up Canuck with that Third Moon presentation; a bit fuller, hazier, lots of aromatic hops. Didn't get the GLB side of the collaboration though (Lacus Mortis), curious if anyone tried both.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

In honour of the postponed Indie stout night, I’m having a Collective Arts Origin of Darkness, bourbon & tawny port barrel version with cherries, vanilla & cacao nibs. Nice for a wintry night!

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Cass wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:33 pm In honour of the postponed Indie stout night, I’m having a Collective Arts Origin of Darkness, bourbon & tawny port barrel version with cherries, vanilla & cacao nibs. Nice for a wintry night!
HA!! I had the same one last night. :D
I loved it. Over the years I have really come to love all varieties of Imperial Stouts.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I rarely have a beer that I don't enjoy at some level, even if it's only the joy of trying it, but don't care to have it again. But this afternoon, I had Whitewater Jack Frost's Demise Chocolate Wintergreen Porter, and I just didn't like it. The wintergreen was too overpowering.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Bike Tree, just enjoying the aroma and waiting for the mushroom cloud head to go down. Best hop brewer in the land.
Reliable Beer Critic

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

S. St. Jeb wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm HA!! I had the same one last night. :D
I loved it. Over the years I have really come to love all varieties of Imperial Stouts.
Awesome! Yeah, I have the mix pack of this year's OoD and am working my way through it. Really enjoyable.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Three tickets to Paradise from Barncat. It's exactly as good as I expected from Barncat.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I snagged a 10w30 (and a 666) for old times sake when I was in the LCBO recently. I wonder if they've tweaked this over the years? It's pretty darn good, I could drink more of these.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Craig wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:05 pm I snagged a 10w30 (and a 666) for old times sake when I was in the LCBO recently. I wonder if they've tweaked this over the years? It's pretty darn good, I could drink more of these.
I'm ashamed to say that the few times I've seen these on the shelf I've thought to myself. "Wow, they still make this? I wonder how old those are?"

I think I will need to seek out a few and drink them as penance...
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

I grabbed a few 666's, still a solid brew

cyrenaica

Post by cyrenaica »

A 'Makes U Pucker Dry Hopped Sour' by Amsterdam. Quite enjoyable.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Bellwoods Skeleton Key, ginger snap version- it’s a big beer. You can absolutely taste the 12%, it’s quite hot. The rum barrel comes through really nicely but I think it’s a bit overshadowed by all the heavy spices. It’s a bit like a dark and stormy/impy stout/carrot cake mix. Lots of big bold spices all battling in there and it ends up being a bit muddled IMO. Overall I’d say for my tastes it’s too heavy on the cinnamon. A unique and tasty enough beer, but not one that I would buy again.

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

Double fisting Fullers Vintage Ales, 2021 and 2011. Love the 2021 balance of malts hops and abv, delicious and dangerously quaffable (at least compared to the 2011) English ale. The 2011 is interesting: low, low carb (zero head), hops have faded into oblivion, flavours are dark, dried fruit; it has evolved into a super rich barley (port-like) wine --- it's now a completely different animal from the 2021, but enjoyable in it's own special (once a year) way.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

distr0 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:15 am I grabbed a few 666's, still a solid brew
Its still a favorite of mine. I picked up a few cases! I'm currently enjoying a GLB Apocalypse Now which is like an amped up version of 666.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Henderson The Myth of Permanence Lager Series 015: Baltic Porter

Mmmmm, yummy! A shout out to Muddy York too. Had one of their Plank Road Baltic Porters about a month ago and it was equally good.