Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Dogfish Head Burton Baton.

Holy shit. So good.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Just cracked open a Koningshoeven Quadruple while watching the Jays afternoon game.
Have some Dogfish 60, 90 and 120 ready for game 2 tonight.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

robinvboyer wrote:
Jon Walker wrote:It's the eve of my birthday so I've pulled a couple of special beers for tonight;

Stone 10th Anniversary IPA
Alesmith Yulesmith Summer IPA

Such happiness. Brewing perfection.
nice choices! i've had the 10th anniversary beer, and i found it was like drinking a pine tree, but it was enjoyable. Funny you mention you are cracking that one open tonight, i've currently got their 11th anniversary black IPA cooling in my fridge.
the 12th anniversary was pretty tasty two weeks ago at the brewery :D

so far today i've only had the boulevard saison with our brewday lunch break. on deck for the evening are the andechser doppelbock dunkel, descutes black butte XX, and maybe an old numbskull...

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Great Lakes Pumpkin Ale 2008.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Side by side of DFH 60 and ST IPA. Can't really lose on that one.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

40 year old Tawny. Absolutely sublime :D

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

I had a Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout last night and was really impressed with it. And I'm not one who has loved every imperial stout that has come my way. (I'm looking at you, Stone IRS. <ducks>)

As a comparison, I'm having a Peche Mortel right now, and I prefer the Lagunitas. I'm finding the Mortel to be a tad syrupy, though that could just its alcohol strength showing.

I'm heading to Quebec again soon, so I have to decide what to stock up on. If anyone is in the market for some Quebec beers and has something interesting to trade (e.g. Bells, Three Floyds), then let me know.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

kinguy wrote:Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence
I just had that one yesterday. Quite good.

Tonight I'm drinking a Chocolate Oatmeal Stout I brewed in Jan. 2006 (I recently found a 6 pack when I was looking for bottles). Strangely, it barely tastes like it has aged at all (which is more than I can say for the two John By's I just had from the 1st & 2nd batch).

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Tonight I`m going with the Schneider side of the Brooklyn-Schneider Weizen Bock venture. I wasn`t a big fan of the Brooklyn version, way too boozy, and it would benefit from some age. The Schneider version though is quite nice, and very very enjoyable!

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

Some Rogue Spruce Gin...with a bit of tonic and some freshly squeezed lime...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

la Bastide Blanche Bandol Cuvée Fontanieu (a Mourvédre-based wine from Provénce.)

Deep, powerful spicy, herbal. cherry-currant flavors that were obscured by very leafy-green tannins, so it needed some air to open up, but it's great. I will keep an extra one for a few years as recommended.
--
If you want a wine somewhat like a Bandol, Castaño HECULA just reviewed in NOW magazine is supposed to be a pretty good Spanish alternative. You may like to decant this beefy Monastrell to soften it a bit.

Vintages 718999 $13.95
In Beerum Veritas

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

I'm off tomorrow and just about to open a DFH 60 Min and perhaps - just perhaps a Porterhouse Celebration Stout. Perhaps.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

midlife crisis wrote:Great Lakes Pumpkin Ale 2008.
same here. mmmmm mmmm good.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm gettin' me some Dawgfish IPA on my way home, to have me a cold one after a bike ride!

(Plus a Des Homs Minervois for later!)
In Beerum Veritas