Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Leifmans Frambois, Overaged??

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

aeroeng

Leifmans Frambois, Overaged??

Post by aeroeng »

Just came across a bottle of Leifmans Frambois that i must have stored a good while back. It was stored in a cupboard in my basement, so it was kept in the dark and relatively cool. Would it still be OK. Would appreciate the heads up before i open it

Thanks

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

WHY???? If you're in doubt will you store another 10 years and expect it to be better?

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

esprit wrote:WHY???? If you're in doubt will you store another 10 years and expect it to be better?
I wonder what would happen if we sent all 1,368 of these obnoxious posts from Esprit to the breweries he represents to show them how he treats their customers in Ontario. Maybe they would all go to R&R where customers are appreciated. Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth drinking Rogue and DFH knowing that some of my money is going into his pockets.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

aeroeng wrote:Just came across a bottle of Leifmans Frambois that i must have stored a good while back. It was stored in a cupboard in my basement, so it was kept in the dark and relatively cool. Would it still be OK. Would appreciate the heads up before i open it

Thanks
In summer 2006, I had a bottle from 1997 and it tasted great. The new bottle we had at the same time was syrupy sweet and inferior by comparison. Not sure if the aging made the difference or if the production changed.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm betting it would be okay to drink now, or later - it probably won't gain much more over time though. Pop it and tell us your taste adventure.

Michael Jackson RIP said "If you see a beer do it a favor and drink it."

I'd say as a rule, expect to "lose" any beer you keep very long, and you won't 'expire' as many.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Beer Geek wrote:Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth drinking Rogue and DFH knowing that some of my money is going into his pockets.
I support the brewers, not the strangely obsessive people who fight and scratch to get this stuff into our LCBO.
In Beerum Veritas

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

I think the Liefmans stuff I bought had an expiry date 10 yrs post bottling...you didn't say how old the bottle is? Anyhow I'd just pour it and if its smell doesn't offend you then it's probably drinkable.