Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

best toronto Beer Store

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

14me&you

best toronto Beer Store

Post by 14me&you »

Hello Beerlovers;

I was just wondering which Beer Store is the best for Ont. Micro Brews in Toronto. Preferably in the East-end. I usually like the self-serve stores better. I find too often I get strange looks and annoyed sighs when I ask for a beer that isn't part of their wonderful "top ten".

Does anybody find any difference amongst beer stores?

Thanks in advance;

14me&you

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I prefer the LCBO. Queens Quay is one of the best. Summerhill or Bayview Village if you're further north.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They're all the same to me. The only reason I go every now and then is because they carry Iron Duke and the LCBO doesn't.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

There's a Beer Store directly south of the Summerhill LCBO, which is hands down the best in the province. Its self-serve and has the largest variety of OCB by a long shot. If they don't have it there, they'll have it in the LCBO across the street.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

I've always had good luck finding things like Unibroue and McAuslan sixers at the Spadina/Bloor location.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

14me&you wrote:
in Toronto. Preferably in the East-end. I usually like the self-serve stores

Best store like that near Vic Park is at Kingston Road, behind Blockbuster Video.
In Beerum Veritas

Magni

Post by Magni »

Bugger that about the east end, the beer store and lcbo in cabbagetown are both substandard.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

I used to live on Woodbine near Gerrard, and i found that the Beer Store at Danforth and Greenwood pretty much had anything the Beer Store carries in stock.

Rosko

Post by Rosko »

The new LCBO on Avenue Road near Lawrence has a good selection. Tons of wine too.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

robinvboyer wrote:I used to live on Woodbine near Gerrard, and i found that the Beer Store at Danforth and Greenwood pretty much had anything the Beer Store carries in stock.
Also true Robin, but per the question it's not self-serve & you have to ask the Employee to retrieve the dust-covered box you already paid for (acceptable only with UniBroue stuff IMO.)

WE odd lot like to pre-inspect boxes & see the expiry dates -- I think the Beaches clientéle make for good turn-over at the King-Vic store.

As for LCBO stores, the BRIMLEY location tends to have lots of all seasonals in stock.
In Beerum Veritas

14me&you

Post by 14me&you »

Thanks for your suggestions people. I live off the Danforth near Greenwood. I think I'll check a couple of these places out.

14you&me

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

I got to the Vic Park/Danforth location for Trois Pistoles and True North IPA.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

For those north of the 416 I've found quite a bit in the Aurora LCBO at Bayview and St Johns side road.