Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Uncorked-Wine and Spirits Appreciation

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I was able to snag a Blantons. So I have a full set, the Gold, the green and regular. Bourbon party!

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Once-private collection of rare ultra-aged luxury Scotch whiskies arrives in Canada

"...the Gordon family decided the timing was right to bottle and release some of these rare Scotch whiskies.

Kirsten Grant Meikle, a fifth-generation family member, says they sampled hundreds of whiskies from their personal inventory to curate the House of Hazelwood collection.

The seven products selected for shipment to Canada – for sale through the LCBO – are divided into two collections: the Charles Gordon Collection and the Legacy Collection"
Last edited by S. St. Jeb on Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

S. St. Jeb wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:59 am Once-private collection of rare ultra-aged luxury Scotch whiskies arrives in Canada

"...the Gordon family decided the timing was right to bottle and release some of these rare Scotch whiskies.

Kirsten Grant Meikle, a fifth-generation family member, says they sampled hundreds of whiskies from their personal inventory to curate the House of Hazelwood collection.

The seven products selected for shipment to Canada – for sale through the LCBO – are divided into two collections: the Charles Gordon Collection and the Legacy Collection"
“The Legacy Collection offers insight into the Scotch whisky industry as a whole,” Gibson says. “I would say most of them have a little X-factor about them that’s not replicated by any other offering on the market.”

"Sunshine on Speyside, for example, a 39-year-old Blended Malt Scotch Whisky, stands out for its unique character. “It just was one of those rare whiskies that are simply off-the-chart in terms of flavour profile – an absolute joy to drink and with a character that is both inexplicable and one-of-a-kind,” says Gibson, describing its tropical pineapple and mango notes."

It can be yours, only $3000 for a 700 ml bottle

https://www.lcbo.com/en/catalogsearch/r ... ayout=card

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Craig wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:47 pm Ha, you linked the cheap one!

https://www.lcbo.com/en/catalogsearch/r ... ayout=card
Yikes, did I ever!!