Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams Glasses

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jstahl

Sam Adams Glasses

Post by jstahl »

Visited the LCBO today and saw on the bottle shelf:

6 packs of Samuel Adams Boston Lager
with a free Sam Adams Glass.

These are definitely my favorite beer tasting glasses for lagers and standard ales.

Previously I had to buy the glasses directly through SA and to a US address. They cost a fortune too.

Cheers,
Jeph
Ocean brings the flavour through - Stan Rogers

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Thanks for the tip!

TJ

Post by TJ »

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up. I picked two up today. Kind of clumsy packaging. But it's a neat little glass.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I love that glass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Nice tip.

I like your signature by the way. Cheers.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Whoa. Do you mean the high-tech glasses they were promoting a little while back?

I wanted to get these so bad, but couldn't get them shipped here.

jstahl

Post by jstahl »

shintriad wrote:Whoa. Do you mean the high-tech glasses they were promoting a little while back?
Same ones indeed.
They come in boxed and double-sided-taped to the top of the 6 pack.
Unfortunately, the free ones don't come with the full documentation that my order from SA did, but there is a blurb of the glasses features on the side of the box, and you can probably find further details here:
http://www.samueladams.com/Promotions/P ... fault.html

Cheers,
Jeph

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

shintriad wrote:Whoa. Do you mean the high-tech glasses they were promoting a little while back?

I wanted to get these so bad, but couldn't get them shipped here.
Really, I got mine shipped to Ontario pretty easily. And if you were on their mailing list at the time you could pick them up for 50% off so it was only $15 for four glasses.

jstahl

Post by jstahl »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
Really, I got mine shipped to Ontario pretty easily. And if you were on their mailing list at the time you could pick them up for 50% off so it was only $15 for four glasses.
Interesting. When I contacted in January of 2009, they said that they 'could not process international orders'.

I paid $30 for four glasses :(

bartle

Post by bartle »

What LCBO location?
enjoi

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

jstahl wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote:
Interesting. When I contacted in January of 2009, they said that they 'could not process international orders'.

Same. As recently as July, 2009, I got this email:
Thank you for contacting us about making our e-store items available internationally.

We are a relatively small company, and selling items through our e-store is still new for us. Our hope is that, as we continue to grow, we can begin to expand our reach overseas, making our products more available to those in other countries.

Unfortunately at this time, we cannot ship e-store items outside of the U.S.

Cheers,

The Consumer Intern
Boston Beer Company
www.samueladams.com
Kel, when were you able to order these? I'd rather buy them straight up than a bunch of six-packs I don't really want to drink.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

jstahl wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote:

Well that sucks. I ordered mine in 07 and it looks like they shipped to Canada for at least awhile. I also just checked and the 50% off code I have is no longer valid. Plus shipping back then was only $7.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

If anyone has sightings of these glasses can you holler? I'd love to get my hands on one, but the Sam Adams I saw yesterday was just a regular old sixer (not that a sixer of Boston Lager is ever a bad thing).

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

It appears that the sixers are not shipped to the LCBO with the glasses attached but rather are added later by the SA sales rep. The rep hit the Ancaster store then hit the Hamilton stores today attaching the glasses. Availabilty while quantities last till Feb 27. Watch the dates June is the new stuff.
Last edited by Ukie on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jstahl

Post by jstahl »

Bobsy wrote:If anyone has sightings of these glasses can you holler?
There is still some left at the Grimsby LCBO location.
(Although I went and picked some more up, after hearing that after feb there will be no more)