Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams Glasses

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

crushinat0r

Post by crushinat0r »

I check the Atrium on Bay and Manulife Centre locations for these, according to the website they both have the beer, but both stores thought I was crazy. They'd never heard of this promotion.

If anyone sees these in Toronto, please post which location.

J

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Of course I went in without the printout of the LCBO inventory postion page but they were really helpful to solve the problem and really didn't think I was on crack or anything. The one employee actually remembered seeing it in the, SteelbackGuy help me out here, "image book"???

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ukie wrote:Of course I went in without the printout of the LCBO inventory postion page but they were really helpful to solve the problem and really didn't think I was on crack or anything. The one employee actually remembered seeing it in the, SteelbackGuy help me out here, "image book"???

The image book is a book that each store gets before the beginning of each period. It contains planograms for the period, LTO information, which products are on display, so on and so forth. It also tells us where to put certain displays and how we should have them set up.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Grabbed the last glass on the shelf at Dundurn in Hamilton today.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Steelback - any of these in stock at a London LCBO?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Gedge wrote:Steelback - any of these in stock at a London LCBO?

I don't rightly know. I do know that my store doesn't have any. Happy hunting in any event.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Only 2 LCBO's in Hamilton carry SA. There appears to be 4 London stores so I guess until the sales rep physically comes into the store to add the glasses. Seems like our area has been done, Ancaster, Grimsby, Hamilton and Stoney Creek

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ukie wrote:Only 2 LCBO's in Hamilton carry SA. There appears to be 4 London stores so I guess until the sales rep physically comes into the store to add the glasses. Seems like our area has been done, Ancaster, Grimsby, Hamilton and Stoney Creek

Yeah, I haven't seen the rep around my store. Even when we don't carry the product, they usually swing by to see if we will.
There is also a chance that we won't get any of these because the rep just might not come by at all.

mike15

Post by mike15 »

There is also a chance that we won't get any of these because the rep just might not come by at all.
thats a great cover right there! lol ..... honestly, he was never here! :D

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

SW Barrie LC has em.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

TJ

Post by TJ »

I picked mine up from the LCBO on Brock and Gilbert St in Whitby.

bartle

Post by bartle »

Spadina and St. Andrew's.

boom! boom!
it's pretty.
enjoi

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

cannondale wrote:SW Barrie LC has em.
You mean the one on Bryne Drive with the walk-in cooler, right?

I wonder in Bayfield/Hanmer has them.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

mintjellie wrote:
cannondale wrote:SW Barrie LC has em.
You mean the one on Bryne Drive with the walk-in cooler, right?

I wonder in Bayfield/Hanmer has them.
Yep, well it's actually on Caplan, but that's the one. Look in behind the packs at the front. There were a few hiding back there last friday.

Dunno about Bayfield/Hanmer, but they seem to get everything so I wouldn't be surprised.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

These definitely won't be around long

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/d ... ber=307330
Value Added Promotion
6x355 mL bottle comes with FREE glass until Feb 27, 2010 or while supplies last!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole