Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Kichesippi Beer Company is set to purchase Heritage Brewing

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

So I show up at the brewery today at about 2pm to pick up my 613 IPA. Only to find out it was sold out. 2 freaking hours after the doors opened. I really didn't rush because hey, this is Ottawa and a beer release isn't exactly big news.

Well apparently it is. They had a lineup at 12 and the 60 growlers were out in a half an hour.

Kudos Ottawa, now who has an extra growler to sell to me?

notdan

Post by notdan »

Damn, I guess it's good to see Ottawa folks so interested in a new beer.

I'm hoping to be at the cask event at the Arrow and Loon on Sunday so hopefully I can try it there.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

cfrancis wrote:So I show up at the brewery today at about 2pm to pick up my 613 IPA. Only to find out it was sold out. 2 freaking hours after the doors opened. I really didn't rush because hey, this is Ottawa and a beer release isn't exactly big news.

Well apparently it is. They had a lineup at 12 and the 60 growlers were out in a half an hour.

Kudos Ottawa, now who has an extra growler to sell to me?
Wow I was going to stop by on the way home from the Beau's father's day BBQ, good thing I didn't bother. Although it sounds like the same thing happened at Beau's where they sold all of the Pan-ontario beer they had in something like less than an hour.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

notdan wrote:Damn, I guess it's good to see Ottawa folks so interested in a new beer.

I'm hoping to be at the cask event at the Arrow and Loon on Sunday so hopefully I can try it there.
I'm so hoping to be able to make it to that. I'm camping this weekend and won't be back until the afternoon on Sunday. Depending on how my 1 and 2 year old camp will depend on how much energy I'll have to go to the event.

July 2 is Beau's birthday and they will have barrel aged versions of all of their Wild Oat series. If anyone is going. I'd love for you to pick up a couple of bottles for me. I'm at a stupid family wedding......

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

I picked up tickets at the Arrow and Loon on Monday and saw they had the 613 on tap if anyone is itchin' to try it before Sunday. Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't have time to try it.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

any word on bottles comin to the LCBO

Sean M.

Post by Sean M. »

Not until September. So soon.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

does anyone know what brands are still being produced by Kichesippi under the Scotch Irish and Heritage names

seanm

Post by seanm »

matt7215 wrote:does anyone know what brands are still being produced by Kichesippi under the Scotch Irish and Heritage names
Currently none :(

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

They're brewing a new dark lager. It's named Logger. Not terribly interesting, maybe with a new brewery in town they'll be forced to step up their game?