Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Fuller's ESB

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

King Edward

Cask Fuller's ESB

Post by King Edward »

I tapped the first of this years casks earlier this week, just like last year it was cloudy so I had to fine it to get it to drop but it's as clear as a bell now. And it's as good as ever, this is such a treat to get genuine English cask ale. Expensive, but as one as my regulars says, "It's cheaper than flying 'ome for a pint!"

Hope to see you soon to try some. I've another cask on the way plus some Porter in the cellar (cask) too. Oh, and a keg of Bengal Lancer.

Rich
www.thekingedward.com
Real food, real beer, real friendly!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Was going to make it out last night, but time would not allow from the east end of London to Ilderton at 10 o clock. Damn!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Good to know some Fuller's cask is available again in Ontario. If there are any sightings in GTA, I'd be pleased to hear.

Gary
Gary Gillman

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

G.M. Gillman wrote:Good to know some Fuller's cask is available again in Ontario. If there are any sightings in GTA, I'd be pleased to hear.
Rhino had just tapped a cask of London Porter when I was there on Friday for the Beau's Boomerweisse release party. I had a little taste, and it was pouring very nicely. Should be fine for the next couple of days, assuming there's any left.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Thanks Greg, I will try to pass by soon. In past years I know Twisted Kilt has had some Fuller's cask beer about this time of year, I'll try to pass by there as well.

Gary
Gary Gillman

King Edward

Post by King Edward »

I just tapped another cask, if the last one was anything to go by it should be gone by Tuesday or Weds. I've also got the Bengal Lancer keg on.

Hope to see you soon!

Rich
www.thekingedward.com
Real food, real beer, real friendly!