Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cape Cod suggestions?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gedge
Bar Fly

Cape Cod suggestions?

Post by Gedge »

I'm going to Cape Cod soon and I'm wondering if there are any decent beer destinations in the area. I know there's Cape Cod Beer in Hyannis and it's on my list. Anything else?

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Giving this a bump. Anyone have any suggestions?

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

OK - I've been doing some "field research" and I can report that you will not find yourself wanting for craft brew in the Cape Cod area. Found a place called Grain & Vine in Hyannis that stocks plenty of heavy hitters like Dogfish Head, Southern Tier, Avery, Smuttynose, Lagunitas, Bear Republic, etc. as well as a decent selection of Belgian, UK and German bottles and lots of local MA micros.

Also went to the Craigville Package Store, which is closer to where I am staying. Not nearly as deep a selection as Grain & Vine, but more than enough to tide you over between visits to G&V.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'll be there in the Fall - Heard good things about Grain and Vine, and there seems to be a few places with decent tap lists.