Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Marketing Kudos

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

All the marketing talk in the St. Lawrence market thread got me thinking. The general concensus seemed to be a dislike towards breweries whose primary goal is to market what some perceive as mediocre beer.

As a collector, as well as a beer enthusiast it reminded me how much I appreciate good marketing turns but companies who I believe make an excellent product as well.

Case(s) in point:
The new tap handles at Wellington. Not sure how long they have been doing this, but I saw it at the St. Lawrence festival. (For those who hadn't seen them - the handles are rubber boots aka. Wellingtons)

Mill St. Organic, and Unibroues no-GMO status. I am a firm believer in this (not everyone agress) and I think it is a good marketing point as well - as long as you are still selling quality product.

See <a href="http://www.greenpeace.ca/shoppersguide/ ... p?cat=6</a> for more details.

The tap handles at Scotch Irish.

Anyone else?