Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Golden Kiwi has been sold

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

The Golden Kiwi has been sold

Post by GregClow »

Got the following email from Judie at the Golden Kiwi in Cambridge earlier this week...

It doesn`t take long for word to get out but The Golden Kiwi Pub has been sold- as of Nov. 28th. The new owners are carrying on the same format and will continue operations.
Judie and Len`s farewell party is Sat. Nov. 26th with Peter Shaw- Aussie entertainer- and some great Beer Cocktails that Len has conjured up-such as Black Cobbler, etc. We will have beer inspired appetizers and the theme of the party is ~the Last Haka`- with Len and friends showing everyone how to do the Haka- the All-Blacks war chant before the Rugby games.
Chef Judie-co-owner now is turning her attention to beer-inspired food demos at local breweries on week-ends.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I heard about the sale at Cask Days. Good to hear the new owners won't change it up much. I've had very good experiences there and I look forward to more in the future.

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

Good for Len and Judy! And good for the new owners! Look forward to meeting them.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

All the best to Len and Judy. Thank you!!!
Waterloo Region Record Nov. 21, 2011
http://www.therecord.com/print/article/628022

ImageImage

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

this place is great. We stopped in about a month ago when I went back to K-W for my Grandmother's funeral.

Rob from GR was at the bar, and was able to say "Hi". Glad I got to go there with the original owners. All the best!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

1968? GTOs? Wow if he had just warehoused a lot of clean original GTOs and 428 Mustangs SS Camaros and Hemi Chargers, he'd be sitting on millions of dollars profit.

To bad they musta been so fun to DRIVE. :D
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Judie dropped me a line to let me know that they're having an "artifacts sale" next weekend...

Golden Kiwi Pub- artifacts sale
Sun. Jan. 15th- 3pm- 5pm
Held at the Grand River Brewery 295 Ainslie St.
Cambridge
Artifacts such as signs, pictures, posters, and tap handles for sale cash only
Please do not contact brewery for info
Host -Len Owens ( the Curmudgeon )