Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Jenlain Blonde

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

Despite the fact that the unique 650 ml bottles of Jenlain Blonde from this summer's early release at the LCBO have flown off the shelves I have seen no "review" or discussion of them on BarTowel.

Anyone?

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Kind of a self serving post isn't it Rubaiyat? Tried the stuff...nothing to write home to mother about...probably the same reason no one has seen fit to comment...rated 3.43/5.00 on beeradvocate and 2.9/5.0 on ratebeer so pretty much everyone is on agreement on this one......but thanks for bringing it up and drawing attention to a rather mediocre beer in your portfolio.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Ah, we can always depend on rabbit for a (not-so-)nice direct response, can't we. :smile:

Personally, I didn't try the Jenlain. The couple of times I saw in it in the store, I was already buying too much other stuff to add another bottle to my load. And quite frankly, I was concerned about the whole "pale beer in a green bottle" thing, so combining that with the mediocre reviews I saw on RateBeer and elsewhere, it was at the bottom of my list of things to try from that release.

Greg

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Just consider me the Simon of of The Bartowel while everyone else wants to be Paul Abdul....

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

If my post was SELF-SERVING I would like to know how you rate some of the other posts around here.

I was, frankly, just curious to know what you thought of the beer, not my posts.

It is, by the way, NOT a "biere de garde" as so many people seem to think for some reason.

Thank you.

Paul

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Rubaiyat,

Any suggestions as to which stores may still have bottles on the shelf? Will you be re-stocking?

-Uncle Bobby

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

What other products does Rubaiyat represent?
(How bout esprit?)

It might be interesting to get bartowelers together and place an order with them for something we wouldn't otherwise have access to.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

On 2003-07-14 20:14, joey_capps wrote:
On 2003-07-14 19:15, JerCraigs wrote:
What other products does Rubaiyat represent?
(How bout esprit?)

It might be interesting to get bartowelers together and place an order with them for something we wouldn't otherwise have access to.
I have to chuckle (no offense). We've been through this before. There are threads and threads on it. It would be easier to co-ordinate a group trip to Belgium.

Cheers, Joe.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Damn, and here I thought I was being original :smile:

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

JerCraigs

E-mail us at beer@greatdrinks.com or call 416 462 1577 and we would be happy to fill you in on our list.

Cheers, Paul