Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Haymaker gone?

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

WeaselCat

Post by WeaselCat »

I no longer see Hook Norton Haymaker listed on the LCBO online inventory.

Last week, the Yonge/Davisville LCBO alone listed over 200 bottles, and many other stores had it as well.

Is it really gone, or is this just a glitch in the system?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

You're right..it's gone...I've contacted the LCBO today and asked them to investigate...needless to say, there's plenty of stock out there. You might try calling the Infoline at 416-365-5900 and asking about product #696781. I can also tell you that there's plenty of inventory in the warehouse so your local store can order some in for you as well.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Actually, I've just discovered that all of the seasonal release beers have disappeared from the database. I had a hell of a time getting the LCBO to get them into the database as they were not there when the search function was originally launched and now it looks like they've gone and lost them again...I'll keep you posted on developments.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Hey WeaselCat, I was just at the Yonge & Davisville store yesterday and they have lots of the new releases.

I don't specifically remember seeing the Haymaker, however if it's not on the shelf, ask if they have more in the back. Ask for Peter.

And the best news is, last week when I reported they had no Dogfish Head, last night, they must've had at least 70 bottles of it on the shelf!

Still no Apricot Wheat though and no more KLB Raspberry Wheat (no surprise there!).

I did buy a CASE of Schlenkerla though (20 bottles!)... heh heh heh!

OK... must stop using so many exc!amation marks!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAN-D-MAN on 2003-07-16 12:34 ]</font>

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2003-07-16 12:30, DAN-D-MAN wrote:
Still no Apricot Wheat though and no more KLB Raspberry Wheat (no surprise there!).
The Apricot Wheat is out there in some stores - I saw a few boxes at the QUeen & Brock location last week.

I also saw plenty of large bottles of KLB Raspberry at the St. Lawrence store today for anyone who might be looking. They also had some leftovers from the spring limited release, including Jenlain Blonde and Holsten Fusion.

Greg

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Queens Quay store has a bunch of all of them. I picked up Raison D'etre, London Pride, Haymaker, Edelweiss, a mix pack of Ephemere and more this morning... ("Hi my name is Jeremy and I am devoid of willpower...")

WeaselCat

Post by WeaselCat »

Thanks.

So its still in the stores, just not listed online?

I'm only going to be in town briefly and wanted to make sure I went to a store that had some, plus a lot of other good ones.

Peace
WC