Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Maudite on draught!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Maudite

Post by Maudite »

The Bow & Arrow
smokeless Joes
The Esplanade Bier market
C'est what
Starfish
Royal York Hotel
The Rebel House
castros Lounge
Barrio
Renassaince cafe
The Lost city
Statlers Lounge
LaBrasserie
Dominion on Queen
Mitzi's Sister
La Palette
Cloak & Dagger
The Paddock
Brassaii
Rodney's Oyster bar

More to confirm....

Note: For the month of October only!

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Long time no hear Maudite. Hope all is well and thanks for the update.

Slainte,
Jeff

Maudite

Post by Maudite »

Thanks Gunny.

Things are crazy this time of year. We have just confirmed with the BRI that we are bringing the Ephemere collection on tap. So, you shall have a chance to sample: Cranberry, Peach and Apple Ephemere for the spring. We will be changing the flavours every three months on tap. Details, dates and licensees will follow in the near future.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Great news on both fronts. Thanks a bunch for the scoop Maudite.

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

maudite,

Any news on if and when the two Irrésitibles will be available to us in the GTA?

http://www.unibroue.com/produits/irresistible.cfm (In French only.)

Cool news about the others on draft, by the way. I have recently turned on two non-beer-drinking friends to the charms of cranberry, apple and peach. (They save the last two for me.) They will be very pleased with your news.

-Uncle Bobby

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle Bobby on 2003-07-24 13:36 ]</font>

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

My question to Unibroue in general would be how do they intend to maintain the character of their bottle-conditioned beer on draught? Easier said than done, I reckon.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'm driving to Quebec tomorrow so I'd like to pick up the Irresistables if they're available at the Metro Joannette.

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Cass, they are available in all Metro stores in QC...but, if you are going, you should keep your eyes open for L'Évèque, a limited edition bottled product from the St-Arnould Brewpub in St-Jovite, and for some special imports from Chilliwack.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Hey all! Thanks for the tips Lubiere.

What a great haul this time from the Metro!

Picked up:

- Unibroue Irrestible (both kinds)
- La Barberie blackcurrant wheat
- La Barberie scotch ale
- St-Arnould Biere Eveque (is the beer as good as the bottle??)
- L'Alchemiste Bock (is this a new brewery?)
- A few Terribles for good measure :smile:

I spent the weekend in Lennoxville, home of Bishop's University. This place has to have the most brewpubs per capita in North America - one brewpub for a population of 3,000! The brewpub, the Golden Lion also bottles, but it was great to have it on-site. Well worth checking out if you find yourself in the area.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2003-07-28 10:35 ]</font>

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Brewpubs per capita - How about Heidelburg?

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Merci Cass,

I havent had the chance to taste L'Évèque but I am going there next week end...its not a long week end in QC so i might take monday to go and visit some of the breweries in Mtl.

L'alchimiste (from Joliette) is a bit more than a yr old now, they have a good alt style but their other fare is variable. Their tasting room is worth the visit though.

Have you bought the new Blanche de Trois Rivières (from the Frères Houblons)?...mixed reviews on Bieropholie.

If you are heading towards the Eastern Townships (or Vermont), make the détour to go to Tabby's in Bedford (http://www.tabbys.com/).

Santé!

Luc

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Hop Brothers - I don't know these guys. Can you give me some background info?

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

They are pretty elusive right know, Josh...the brewery is based out of Pointe du Lac, a suburb of Trois-Rivières, and they only produce the Blanche right now...the price is steep, 2.50/bottle, and the comments have been so-so. Its availble at Joannette's, Le Grand Duc in Longeuil, and at Le Gobelet in Vaudreuil.

Go on Bieropholie.com, there is a couple of threads on the topic (en français).

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I missed that one, oh well. Next time I'll pick it up. I've got enough to tide me over for now :smile: