Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Parkdale Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

heebes

Post by heebes »

Jason Parkdale
Yesterday via Twitter

#Trolls #Haters Stop posting on forums, and do something, try and test my #trademarks, #patents, #copyrights etc...
#GiveItYourBestShot ;)

Like · @JasonParkdale on Twitter

3 people like this.
Jason Parkdale Let's hope they give it a shot.
Would love nothing more to see the looks on their faces, when the reality of the situation kicks in.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I bet their working on one of those molecular gastronomy things:

beer vapour, aka Parkdale Light - "Tastes just like the label"
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Even better from the Parkdale Brewery twitter account:

@laurenonizzle 27 Mar
If I were into beer, I'd totally drink Lord Dufferin beer from @ParkdaleBrewery, for the name alone. http://on.fb.me/15XiYYg #Parkdale

Parkdale Brewery ‏@ParkdaleBrewery 11 Apr
@laurenonizzle Cheers!

Nothing this 'cult' comes out with makes any sense...........

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

heebes wrote:Jason Parkdale
Yesterday via Twitter

#Trolls #Haters Stop posting on forums, and do something, try and test my #trademarks, #patents, #copyrights etc...
#GiveItYourBestShot ;)

Like · @JasonParkdale on Twitter

3 people like this.
Jason Parkdale Let's hope they give it a shot.
Would love nothing more to see the looks on their faces, when the reality of the situation kicks in.
In response to his tweet, I've just tweeted:

@JasonParkdale Maybe if you actually did something we could physically try your #trademarks #patents #copyrights etc.. #WizardofParkdale

I expect to be blocked again for daring to question the great one.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Jason Parkdale - Those grown men are just bored, and this is their entertainment, and I get it, they are pissed that everything I have been working on is getting such a following (They even resort to saying I bought you guys) (And I woke up to all of my facebook accounts and fb pages being shut down by false reports from them)
But I'm sorry I'm not going to cater to grown men that decided to take the route they're taking.
In the end it will all come out in the wash.. It's just unfortunate, as it's all just miscommunication, and people making up stories as they go along.
Oh well, you can't make everybody happy, and if it's not one thing it will be another with them, bad ratings etc... I know the "discredit drill."
It will just make my following that much tighter, and just adds to Parkdale Brewery's come up story in real time.
Cheers!
I'll admit to sometimes being bored, however we aren't jealous of his non-existent success(faecbook followers do not a brewery make), I think we are just bothered by the fact that he makes up fake events and products and threatens everyone with legal action when the ask him about them. Also he generally comes across as a douche.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

This...

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... c3359de45b

Also, this...
http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmr ... exOnPage=1[/url][/url]

No listings for "Jason Parkdale" in the trademarks (or is it #trademarks? I just don't know anymore) database.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

From Mr Top Brewer on Twitter.......

I am trying to do something, would you guys kindly stop fucking with it. Also stop fucking with my facebook. Thx.
Expand
Jason Parkdale Jason Parkdale ‏@JasonParkdale 3h

@Sid_1878 meaning stop putting in false reports to take down my fb pages for starters... Thanks.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Torontoblue wrote:
@Sid_1878 meaning stop putting in false reports to take down my fb pages for starters... Thanks.
LOL. So it is the reports that are false?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

So does he even homebrew? Cause you know I could understand if he named his home brewery something and made up the graphics and then had it spiral out of his delusions, but I don't get the sense that he knows anything of the brewing process (or much beyond Adobe Illustrator)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

icemachine wrote:So does he even homebrew? Cause you know I could understand if he named his home brewery something and made up the graphics and then had it spiral out of his delusions, but I don't get the sense that he knows anything of the brewing process (or much beyond Adobe Illustrator)
Theoretically, he is a homebrewer. When I first emailed him he explained to me that Kevin Brauch tried his homebrew at an after party once and said it was pretty good. Whether it was pretty good or whether Kevin was just being a stand up guy and saying so, I don't know.

There are a number of homebrewers who have started successful breweries since October 2010. I can think of about 10, if you include the ones who have amalgated together to launch breweries.
saintjohnswort.ca

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

saints_gambit wrote:
icemachine wrote:So does he even homebrew? Cause you know I could understand if he named his home brewery something and made up the graphics and then had it spiral out of his delusions, but I don't get the sense that he knows anything of the brewing process (or much beyond Adobe Illustrator)
Theoretically, he is a homebrewer. When I first emailed him he explained to me that Kevin Brauch tried his homebrew at an after party once and said it was pretty good. Whether it was pretty good or whether Kevin was just being a stand up guy and saying so, I don't know.

There are a number of homebrewers who have started successful breweries since October 2010. I can think of about 10, if you include the ones who have amalgated together to launch breweries.
I was just wondering simply because I don't recall having run across "Jason Parkdale" in any of the local homebrew competitions. I know most of the local craft brewers have come out of the home brew scene, and should I ever hit the lotto jackpot, well Primeau Beer Co is something that may get to exist as more than an Untappd homebrew check in or the 10G pot on a turkey fryer in my backyard.

But then again, I'd never try and fool my 20 or so FB friends and twitter followers into thinking I am anything more a homebrew enthusiast

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

icemachine wrote:
saints_gambit wrote:

I was just wondering simply because I don't recall having run across "Jason Parkdale" in any of the local homebrew competitions. I know most of the local craft brewers have come out of the home brew scene, and should I ever hit the lotto jackpot, well Primeau Beer Co is something that may get to exist as more than an Untappd homebrew check in or the 10G pot on a turkey fryer in my backyard.

But then again, I'd never try and fool my 20 or so FB friends and twitter followers into thinking I am anything more a homebrew enthusiast
In the time between then and now, he could have applied to, got into and graduated from Niagara College's Brewing Program. As about 50 other homebrewers from the region did. They'll all be working in breweries this summer.
saintjohnswort.ca

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

saints_gambit wrote:
icemachine wrote:
saints_gambit wrote: Theoretically, he is a homebrewer. When I first emailed him he explained to me that Kevin Brauch tried his homebrew at an after party once and said it was pretty good. Whether it was pretty good or whether Kevin was just being a stand up guy and saying so, I don't know.

In the time between then and now, he could have applied to, got into and graduated from Niagara College's Brewing Program. As about 50 other homebrewers from the region did. They'll all be working in breweries this summer.

And how many of them are creating branding for non existent beers and beer events?

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

icemachine wrote:
saints_gambit wrote:
icemachine wrote: I was just wondering simply because I don't recall having run across "Jason Parkdale" in any of the local homebrew competitions. I know most of the local craft brewers have come out of the home brew scene, and should I ever hit the lotto jackpot, well Primeau Beer Co is something that may get to exist as more than an Untappd homebrew check in or the 10G pot on a turkey fryer in my backyard.

And how many of them are creating branding for non existent beers and beer events?
All of them.

In marketing class.
saintjohnswort.ca

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Dude had 75 000 twitter followers. Maybe he is just trying to amass a giant list and sell it. I read something the other day about all the Facebook 'name a city without a T in it' or 'give me a million likes and Daddy will buy me a pony'. They sell these lists of likes for advertising. Twitter is the same.