Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Parkdale Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yep, he sent me a rambling, vaguely threatening message on Facebook, also making fun of many of you for casting doubt on his many "projects." He also reads these comments, so hey "Parkdale Beer", why don't you set the record straight?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'm 9 days too late in announcing my own fake brewing venture, complete with photoshopped labelling for "Hop Off an Cliff" Pale Ale.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

Money laundering?

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Well.. he seems to be the "CEO" of Parkdale Inc. and GoodTimes which don't seem to be real registered companies, however there is a sweet picture of him riding a horse on his linked in profile.

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/jasonparkdale

I took a quick scan through his twitter feed; I think he may be inspired by that book "The Secret" where if you believe in something, it will come true, regardless of how little base it has in reality. It looks like he is also an aspiring rap producer.

It also looks like he hasn't trademarked any of his logos, designs, or even "Parkdale Brewery"; at least not in Canada, maybe he did all this in Cambodia.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Weebay wrote:Well.. he seems to be the "CEO" of Parkdale Inc. and GoodTimes which don't seem to be real registered companies, however there is a sweet picture of him riding a horse on his linked in profile.

It is only logical to question whether or not that is a real horse.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Weebay wrote:Well.. he seems to be the "CEO" of Parkdale Inc. and GoodTimes which don't seem to be real registered companies, however there is a sweet picture of him riding a horse on his linked in profile.

Jason Parkdale
I don't know you personally, and it's unfortunate that I can't get the horse out to everyone that is genuinely interested in Parkdale's horses, but we have been working on it, hence the list of events where the horse will be present.

Apologies if this isn't good enough for you, but we're working on horses.

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Malcolm wrote:Yep, he sent me a rambling, vaguely threatening message on Facebook, also making fun of many of you for casting doubt on his many "projects." He also reads these comments, so hey "Parkdale Beer", why don't you set the record straight?
I responded to a post on Facebook to the tune of "The beer doesn't exist, this is a scam" and here's the response I got:

Jason Parkdale: Nice one Michael Gurr seems you're willing to go on the record with that statement, hope you have your facts straight, and paperwork, and lets hope for your sake you're not just regurgitating hearsay. Cause you might be called upon to back your false claim up.
Cheers!

Jason Parkdale: Regardless of your personal justification(s), you made a bold statement that you can't back up, and quite frankly could land you in court. I will leave this up for you to think about it, and enough time for it to be documented properly.

You crossed the line Michael, you may want to seek some solid legal advice before you post another comment... also good Slander/Liable/Defamation, and see which one you feel fits your initial comment that you stated as fact.
Again I will be fair and warn you, seek proper legal advice before leaving another ignorant comment, please and thank you.

This is being documented, hence leaving it up for the time being.

/ And then deleted the entire post. Wow. This guy is a real gem.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

The amusing thing is; by making the statement he just did, it sounds like he has opened himself up to you seeking a declaratory judgement; provided you wanted to waste a bunch of time and money to strike at a make believe brewery.

(This is not legal advice, I am not a lawyer)

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Weebay wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:

Jason Parkdale
I don't know you personally, and it's unfortunate that I can't get the horse out to everyone that is genuinely interested in Parkdale's horses, but we have been working on it, hence the list of events where the horse will be present.

Apologies if this isn't good enough for you, but we're working on horses.

Rest assured, I met Jason in Parkdale one time and had the pleasure of riding one of his horses. I was in a park and no one witnessed it, but let me tell you it was an amazing horse. It rode well and smooth, and is sure to impress any horse lover! He ensured me that he would be taking his horses to market any day now, and would surprise the public at a local horse event he is planning. Believe it people, Parkdale Horses is real!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Mike-KBCo wrote:I responded to a post on Facebook to the tune of "The beer doesn't exist, this is a scam" and here's the response I got:

Jason Parkdale: Nice one Michael Gurr seems you're willing to go on the record with that statement, hope you have your facts straight, and paperwork, and lets hope for your sake you're not just regurgitating hearsay. Cause you might be called upon to back your false claim up.
Cheers!

Jason Parkdale: Regardless of your personal justification(s), you made a bold statement that you can't back up, and quite frankly could land you in court. I will leave this up for you to think about it, and enough time for it to be documented properly.

You crossed the line Michael, you may want to seek some solid legal advice before you post another comment... also good Slander/Liable/Defamation, and see which one you feel fits your initial comment that you stated as fact.
Again I will be fair and warn you, seek proper legal advice before leaving another ignorant comment, please and thank you.

This is being documented, hence leaving it up for the time being.

/ And then deleted the entire post. Wow. This guy is a real gem.
I know! He's a bot!
lister

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

There's a large rant/posting/reply on the Facebook page, and he's saying he made up the events to weed out the trolls....and that everyone on Bartowel fell for his troll bait....

New Trolls apply within.
I'm officially firing my old ones.

The old ones don't even humor me anymore, as they don't realize how badly they're getting trolled. (As you will see in the threads, they are trying to figure out what's real, and what's fake)
Here are some links, god knows these guys need the attention, especially mine for some reason, (Getting flash backs at being the new guy in school again) still can't seem to shake that hand full of schmucks that huddle into a group, and talk shit till you get them one on one, and then they pee themselves, but when they're back with the group they pretend you didn't catch them alone, and or twist your conversation.

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... c&start=15

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... c16e2919e5

You will see what beer company some work for, and other local beer related ventures, remember these guys when they try to set up shop, now that you get to see their true colours.

When they're not trolling me online, and calling me a con, and Parkdale Brewery a hoax, they actually try and use Parkdale Brewery when they advertise their buddies beer week events etc... (And then use the excuse of Rumor) even though they're directly involved with the event(s), and or best buddies with the founders (Again these geniuses don't ever stop to ask,and confirm anything for some reason?!?)

Not a good look guys.

We have mutual "FB Friends" that inform them of every move I make, so I decided to keep them busy,with a few things on facebook, and narrow down who these people really are. (Ya I successfully trolled the trolls, sorry)

You will also see said trolls are "Rats" posting fb links to other profiles (that they feel should be fb pages rather than profiles)

So for my solid following, now you know who the real clowns, and rats are in and around Parkdale, and those in Kensington, and the local craft beer circle, remember them when they're looking for support, as you will see what kind of support they've given Parkdale Brewery and the like.

Also they swear that you guys are purchased by me. (Sorry of you didn't get a check yet, as it's in the mail)

Cheers!
J

Bar Towel dot com, and Kensington Brewing Company, you're welcome for the traffic, and free advertising.

P.S.
I have documented 2 1/2 years of what these guys have done, from pretending to be women and calling me out on BlogTO, (BlogTO was gracious enough to delete most of it) to calling me a Con, and posting everywhere that it's all a hoax etc...

A shit list will be posted with back up proof of it all, so you can choose to deal with these guys or not.

In the end it does add content to the story of Parkdale Brewery, and it's coming up through all of this, and much more.

#GiveEnoughRopeAnd...

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

This is literally the single best thing I have read in this last 15 mintues.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Reminds me of NoteSlate on Facebook, stringing along people with a non-existent product.
lister

JasonTremblay

Post by JasonTremblay »

Maybe dude's going for a much higher concept than I am.

Between November or so and now, I've bought a couple fermenters (inside Junction Craft), brewed a few batches of beer, sold some kegs to local bars, filled a bunch of growlers and glasses at Junction, and had a logo designed (just signed off on labels a few minutes ago).

Still lots more work to do (I want my own place so I can properly unleash the funk), but it's at least a start.

Jason

-- and I got my Twitter followers the old-fashioned way: the occasional, lame pun; some beer geekery; some judicious follows; and generally avoiding threats of legal repercussions against the people who, otherwise, would be clients.