Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Parkdale Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Torontoblue wrote:Ah bugger, he's gone one better and blocked me on Facebook :-? No legal action though, so I'm a little disappointed :cry:

Oh well, I've done all I can in reporting his 'brewery' as spam as much as I could today. It's down to the rest of BT now!
Well done sir.

According to his twitter profile Mr. Fakey "turns ideas into things". So far that doesn't seem to be working.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

zane9 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Ah bugger, he's gone one better and blocked me on Facebook :-? No legal action though, so I'm a little disappointed :cry:

Oh well, I've done all I can in reporting his 'brewery' as spam as much as I could today. It's down to the rest of BT now!
Well done sir.

According to his twitter profile Mr. Fakey "turns ideas into things". So far that doesn't seem to be working.
a facebook page is a thing I guess....

"Jason Parkdale They're just Passive Aggressive #FanBoys in the end... and this is their way of lashing out, rather than using basic common sense. (This would never happen in the same room)
But they crossed the line, and now it's all business."

I really want to be in the same room as him at some point and disabuse him of this notion. (By which I mean "tell him all about himself" not render him unconscious.)

"Andrew Beveridge Jason, these guys are just jealous of your success. They are probably still writing their pipe dreams on bar napkins and snorting coke off the back of toilet tanks telling everyone how great they are. Your brand/product is amazing and even though there have some minor delays in some areas which by the way is normal with any new product launch when you take it to the big leagues. You are moving on up to bigger and better things! Let the whiners winge and the winners succeed!! Keep up the great work!!"

This guy is the best, and I don't even know where to start with this...

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Torontoblue wrote:Here you go, www.facebook.com/JasonParkdale?fref=ts
Page is gone! Wow.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Hmm, wonder if FB have taken him down due to the spam reports sent in?

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Torontoblue wrote:Hmm, wonder if FB have taken him down due to the spam reports sent in?
His 9999 followers will be crushed.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

In doing some research, I came across this list:
http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/lists/bwt/beer.html
Fascinating read! And of course, Parkdale is not there. Left Field, yes, Parkdale, no.

So, anybody hear of Bamboo Beer?

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

chris_schryer wrote:In doing some research, I came across this list:
http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/lists/bwt/beer.html
Fascinating read! And of course, Parkdale is not there. Left Field, yes, Parkdale, no.

So, anybody hear of Bamboo Beer?
I have heard of it. I think the guy who owns the copyright is working on it. The fact that he has registered to pay taxes is actually sort of encouraging. There's a website for that one.

There you go. Content. Seems like a really interesting product.

Also, apparently launching at Yonge and Dundas square in July.
Last edited by saints_gambit on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saintjohnswort.ca

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

zane9 wrote:
Page is gone! Wow.
It's still there at my end of things.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

Incidentally, and I'd love somebody here to point me to the golden ticket, I can't find a list of manufacturer's license holders. Which I assumed would be public information and readily available, given how prohibitionist our province is. I'm surprised brewers don't have to wear a large scarlet "B" on their shirts.....

The closest I've come is being pointed to an FOI request, which will come in time for what I want to write about to be stinky potatoes.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Peter Collins wrote:
zane9 wrote:
Page is gone! Wow.
Hmm, that's odd.

When you're in FB, do a search for JasonParkdale. You won't get a FB page result that works. That is, you will see www.facebook.com/JasonParkdale, but if you click the link you will get a Page Not Found result.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

zane9 wrote:
Peter Collins wrote:
zane9 wrote: Page is gone! Wow.
Hmm, that's odd.

When you're in FB, do a search for JasonParkdale. You won't get a FB page result that works. That is, you will see www.facebook.com/JasonParkdale, but if you click the link you will get a Page Not Found result.
Works for me. I think he just blocked you guys!
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Torontoblue wrote: from pretending to be women and calling me out on BlogTO
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

phirleh wrote:
Torontoblue wrote: from pretending to be women and calling me out on BlogTO
I believe that he may be confusing a comment on a blog post I wrote about parkdale a couple of years ago that was submitted by an actual woman with someone pretending to be a woman. Women can comment on things. It's not the 1920's.

Also, is it time for the Penguin on top of the television to explode?
saintjohnswort.ca

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Cale wrote:...Works for me. I think he just blocked you guys!
Freaking algorithms are ruining my life. :x

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Works for me too. He says when he woke up this morning all his accounts and "pages" were taken down because of "false reports" or something like that. He's an expert at false.