Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:29 pm WuI’m cm random LCBO stop today and I was pleasantly surprised to see a St Ambroise barrel aged imperial Porter.
I’ve always been a fan of their RIS, but havnt seen it for a while.
Thank you for this information, I've never had their BA imperial porter. Also a fan of their RIS, last bottle I had was 2017 so it definitely hasn't been around in a while.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Here's to hoping the Mountain Lager is just as good as it was orignally :D

https://www.canadianbeernews.com/2023/0 ... e-at-lcbo/

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Wow, the Christmas gift packs and other special seasonal releases seem to be coming really early this year.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^agreed. I picked up the Welly barrel aged pack almost two weeks ago(granted, earlier release due to living in Guelph) today I was able to grab a couple Fuller Vintage, Left Field imperial stout pack, and a couple St Berny Xmas ales.
Also on the shelves was the chimay gift pack,St Berny 6 pack and the old classic Belgian mix pack.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

There must be a 'Repeat Last Order' button that someone there shrugs and then clicks annually for international beer gift packs.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Westmalle pack out in the wild too now. Based on what you're getting for the prices this year, I'll probably be skipping most. The Beyond the Pale pack is especially out to lunch on pricing; 17 bucks for 3 x 355 ml of semi-regularly produced beers (Darkness, Darkerness, and Dark & Picante). I get everything is up these days but that's wild. At least Left Field's 3 x 355 ml pack at 19 bucks includes two BA variants.

That Berny mix pack is usually a welcome return but it's creeping way up as well. Harder to justify since Abt 12 and now the Christmas Ale are both available individually. C'est la vie.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Rumour is that Other Half will be at the lcbo.. can anyone confirm?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

spinrsx wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:33 pm Rumour is that Other Half will be at the lcbo.. can anyone confirm?
Wow

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Platinum Blend

375 mL

Spendy, but cheaper than in adjacent jurisdictions.

Not available online at the moment, but may be in stores as the Kriek Boon was in stores weeks before it was listed on the site.

Via LCBO Beer Inventory

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Just came across Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel at the LCBO (Vic Park & Ellesmere). Didn't realize it was showing up, haven't had it in a while. One of my all time favourite dark wheat beers.

They had some Paulaner Weissbier Dunkel too, although I think I recall seeing that one mentioned here already.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

anthony9 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:22 am 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Platinum Blend

375 mL

Spendy, but cheaper than in adjacent jurisdictions.

Not available online at the moment, but may be in stores as the Kriek Boon was in stores weeks before it was listed on the site.

Via LCBO Beer Inventory
Yes, saw this one on shelf today at Vic Park & Ellesmere.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Site is showing lots of store inventory, now.

Removed:
Just wish there was another store in Scarborough, not right on the border.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Not a new arrival, but not sure where to put this.

3 Fonteinen Intens Rood reduced to $14.65, from $20.

Stock at the Beaches (Queen/Coxwell), Crossroads, Guelph, and Peterborough.

Going to check this one off my list.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Good news for Orval fans, there's a fresh batch (for LCBO standards) of Orval on shelves. Bottling date 07/08/23. They've now brought in a new batch every year since it returned a few years ago (2020 through 2023 bottlings thus far). I'll be very happy if the intent is to keep this listed indefinitely.

2023 found at Leaside LCBO, however I've noticed 2022 and even 2021 bottles still floating around out there.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Was there a Pohjala drop at the LCBO this year? Did I miss it?