Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

GtownRandy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:48 pm Lol I have a bottle of Celebrator that’s been at the back of my fridge for years! I couldn’t find any date info but I would guess 4 or 5 years old. Saved it for a special occasion that has never came around. I will drink tomorrow and get more if it if I still like it, which I imagine I will.

This inspired me, I think we should have a thread: what’s in the back of your fridge 🤣
Haha, yea I'm also guilty of squirreling away bottles and forgetting about them. It's still an excellent beer, perhaps not as groundbreaking as when I first tried it, but still worth the pickup since doppelbocks aren't as common locally. Plus with traditional German styles (and Belgians for that matter) I find they're still just a bit better at brewing them than we are.
S. St. Jeb wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:19 pm
seangm wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:32 pmI will also add, strictly for informational purposes, that it's on shelves in 4-pack carriers and might have been scanned through as a single.
I picked one up today. They were on the shelf as singles. No special deal for me.
I imagine any stores that put them out in the carriers will correct the mistake quickly. Once again, information, but I grabbed mine at VP + Ellesmere (Parkway Mall).

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

7B540976-7B72-497B-B145-4EE6C67893E5.jpeg
Was running low when a friend came over this week so cracked open a Grand River Mill Race that’s been at the back of the fridge for 3 or 4 years

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

A whole bunch of new listings coming. https://lcbo.watch/new-releases

A few highlights: Bellwoods Bellweiser, Ghost Orchid and new Jelly variant; Left Field hazy IPA; Blood Brothers Autopop; Karma Citra seems to be back early. Hazy variant of Amsterdam Fracture might be good too, I've been liking their hazy IPAs lately.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

seangm wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:14 am A whole bunch of new listings coming. https://lcbo.watch/new-releases

A few highlights: Bellwoods Bellweiser, Ghost Orchid and new Jelly variant; Left Field hazy IPA; Blood Brothers Autopop; Karma Citra seems to be back early. Hazy variant of Amsterdam Fracture might be good too, I've been liking their hazy IPAs lately.

Definitely pumped to see Bellweiser at LCBO and be more easily Available. Big bump on the Ontario Pilsner scale there. I havnt had ghost orchid since back in the days when everything was bottled, but it was tasty back then.
Looks like it’s Karma Simcoe not Karma Citra.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:51 pm
seangm wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:14 am A whole bunch of new listings coming. https://lcbo.watch/new-releases

Definitely pumped to see Bellweiser at LCBO and be more easily Available. Big bump on the Ontario Pilsner scale there. I havnt had ghost orchid since back in the days when everything was bottled, but it was tasty back then.
Looks like it’s Karma Simcoe not Karma Citra.
Definitely looking forward to Bellweiser, and believe it or not I've never had Ghost Orchid so that too. Good catch on the Karma, I totally missed that.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Looks like Westmalle Tripel is back! I was pleasantly surprised to see it on the shelves of the Front & Spadina LCBO when I popped in on Friday evening after work.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Creemore Kellerbier is back! I had long since given up on seeing this one again, but it seems like Creemore is bringing back their classic seasonal brews and I am grateful.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

beerstodiscover wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:50 pm Creemore Kellerbier is back! I had long since given up on seeing this one again, but it seems like Creemore is bringing back their classic seasonal brews and I am grateful.
Nice! I very much enjoyed the 12 pack of Urbock that I got delivered from the webstore (which by the way is a great deal).

RepLife

Post by RepLife »

Provost Drunk wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:06 am Looks like Westmalle Tripel is back! I was pleasantly surprised to see it on the shelves of the Front & Spadina LCBO when I popped in on Friday evening after work.
Thanks for the comment! Westmalle Tripel is now a general list item so as long as people keep buying it, it will continue to be on the shelves... Thanks for the support everyone!

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Picked up Amsterdam Hazii IIPA today
Good bang for the buck at $3.95 for a 9.5% IIPA, and canned March 15 so nice and fresh.

Very hoppy and as hazy as orange juice
A6FB93F3-C688-4B7B-94DD-979C7BA17E8D.jpeg

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

All kinds of Orval out there now.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

dale cannon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:05 pm All kinds of Orval out there now.
Well, that’s a very pleasant surprise. I didn’t know we were getting it back this year.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Wow, my hero. Thank you for this, I also had no clue. And here I've been rationing my bottles that I bought last year thinking it won't come back for a long time.

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

Amazing. Thanks for the heads up. Bought myself a case to ration. What a gem this beer is. Incredible cellar candidate. I have some bottles from 2014 that are out-of-this-world good.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Happy to have snagged some Orval recently.
Sad that the Triple Karmeliet and Achel Extra that appeared on the LCBO app last year never materialized.