Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

northyorksammy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:56 am
seangm wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:49 am
Cass wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:10 pm

And Destihl comes to Ontario! Would not have guessed that.

https://www.lcbo.com/en/destihl-haze-of ... -ipa-29592
i could not tell canning date but was guessing it was already months old on the shelf. so hazy yes but not fresh. Besides GTA does world class hazy now
I bought one of these have to admit, it was pretty gosh-darn good.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Haze of the Dead was indeed very good. Sure, there's equivalent and better stuff here too, but it's still nice to try some US stuff. $3.75 is a pretty good price too, considering equivalent DIPAs here are often $5 and up.

What's really exceptional is that Peche though. What a fantastic beer to have available; I really hope it's here for good, or a while, or even seasonally; more than just once anyway. I can't think of many better non-BA imperial stouts available right now, at least in the LCBO.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Gleemer Imports asks not to ask how or why 3 Fonteinen Pruim Belle De Louvain (plum) is on the shelf at the Laird LCBO for $47.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

anthony9 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:03 pm Gleemer Imports asks not to ask how or why 3 Fonteinen Pruim Belle De Louvain (plum) is on the shelf at the Laird LCBO for $47.
how? someone returned partial order there
Reliable Beer Critic

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I didn't think that was allowed. I assumed it was just part of a listing trickling in. Though, now that you mention it, it does seem to make much more sense.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

call before you travel to be sure
Reliable Beer Critic

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Not a bad idea, but if I buy a $47 bottle of no doubt delicious lambic, I'm spending way beyond my budget. Planning to get some of the more common lambics in the coming months.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Landlord looks to be back :)

I was in an LCBO in town the other day and saw one lonely bottle of Timoth Taylor Landlord, so of course I grabbed it. Thought it was a bit strange there was only the one, but after checking the LCBO app it’s back on there, and rolling out quickly. Happy days. One of my all time favourite beers. Perfect spring beer

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Thanks for the update. I had one bottle left from the last release, but now I can stock up.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Nice, thx.
Noticed a new listing for aventinus eisbock as well.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

dale cannon wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:06 pm Noticed a new listing for aventinus eisbock as well.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

GLB has a variety four-pack of karmas sabro, citra, cryo, and geddon.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Kind of thought that I would be eating crow, but after lots of Peter Wolfing, Jart-Elle has an LCBO listing (https://www.lcbo.com/en/jart-elle-oude-kriek-29597).

$11.95, kriek, 6%.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

anthony9 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:47 pm GLB has a variety four-pack of karmas sabro, citra, cryo, and geddon.
I picked up a couple at the LCBO, I thought it may have been a brewery exclusive, so that was a nice surprise. And was glad to see it wasn’t citra, Simcoe and two others, it was citra and three others, including the Citrageddon 8% DIPA. Can’t go wrong with GLB!

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

GtownRandy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:48 pm
anthony9 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:47 pm GLB has a variety four-pack of karmas sabro, citra, cryo, and geddon.
I picked up a couple at the LCBO, I thought it may have been a brewery exclusive, so that was a nice surprise. And was glad to see it wasn’t citra, Simcoe and two others, it was citra and three others, including the Citrageddon 8% DIPA. Can’t go wrong with GLB!
what is the canning date?
Reliable Beer Critic