Raw Soft White Wheat

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Scottatron

Raw Soft White Wheat

Post by Scottatron »

Does anyone know where I can get some raw soft white wheat such as this:

http://www.bobsredmill.com/soft-white-w ... rries.html

I brewed a lambic style ale a few weeks ago and used hard wheat as it was all I could find. I found some raw hard wheat at bulk barn but no soft white. Anyone know where I can find some (preferably in or around Toronto)?

Thanks in advance.

jcc

Post by jcc »

Grain Process Enteriprises out in Scarborough does sell soft white wheat berries according to their product list.

I have some Raw Wheat from G&P that I confirmed is Ontario Soft White wheat. If you are interested I can get some to you, depending on how much you need. Think I have 12 kg or so. Could swap for homebrew.

PM me if you are interested.

jeremy

Scottatron

Post by Scottatron »

jcc wrote:Grain Process Enteriprises out in Scarborough does sell soft white wheat berries according to their product list.

I have some Raw Wheat from G&P that I confirmed is Ontario Soft White wheat. If you are interested I can get some to you, depending on how much you need. Think I have 12 kg or so. Could swap for homebrew.

PM me if you are interested.

jeremy
Thanks a lot for the reply. That is not far from my place at all. I will check it out and see what they have got.

Thanks for the offer. I have some specialty grains I am not using that I am willing to trade as well. If the lead falls through, maybe we can trade.

Scott

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

fwiw, I've had good luck brewing lambic style using "hard wheat kernels" from bulk barn (i think that's the name...). I read the pros+cons of the various types in Wild Brews and these seemed like a good match, plus they were convenient.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/