Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

1. Give your lager a golf name 2. Profit

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Kish84 wrote:
FEUO wrote:This deservedly needs to be crapped on.
Why?
Because BIG BEER makes uninteresting and boring beer. Who is this guy competing with? Them. Who will win? Them.
Unless he is just capitalizing on a certain market and waiting for BIG BEER to tap him on the shoulder and buy his brand. CHACHING!
So I guess you don't drink any Goose Island beers anymore.
I do not buy standard Goose Island beer.
I bought a couple bottles of the Bourbon county stout and a variant this year as it was spoke of on a couple other forums that AB hasn't touched the recipe or process behind making those beers.... yet.
I am not happy about that situation, and either was their head brewer who has gone on to start up Off Colour brewing (if memory serves).
They are very different situations. But thank you for trying to continuing to stir the pot. ;)

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote: If you don't like my comments, ignore them.
Sorry, you were saying...? :wink:
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Moishk

Post by Moishk »

I agree with the earlier sentiments; it doesn't hurt anyone, it's a cute gimmick, and it is only really competing with the mass-beer producers. Granted there are already lots of mediocre beers/lagers, but the demand really isn't there for the fantastic stuff. The great thing about beer is that it is like people, there's an abundance of choice, even if the fantastic ones are harder to find. Makes them that much more enjoyable.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Its also helping pay the bills at Great Lakes Brewing which helps get more beers like Karma Citra out.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

If I find it at a golf course after a round, and presuming it is at least better than Rickards Red or the other usual macro-swill options at many courses, then I'm all for it. Sorry, but saying "I shit on it" before even trying is just idiotic.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

JerCraigs wrote:Its also helping pay the bills at Great Lakes Brewing which helps get more beers like Karma Citra out.
or just more Karma Citra :-D
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John