Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Underdog's - All or Nothing Hopfenweisse

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Underdog's - All or Nothing Hopfenweisse

Post by beerstodiscover »

Tried this at the CNE and was pleasantly surprised. Really nice traditional flavours for the style, but with some added juiciness and some hop bitterness in the mix.

I gather this is a new Oshawa brewery, and this is their only beer so far. So far so good!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

deepeary wrote:Tried this at the CNE and was pleasantly surprised. Really nice traditional flavours for the style, but with some added juiciness and some hop bitterness in the mix.

I gather this is a new Oshawa brewery, and this is their only beer so far. So far so good!
Yeah, I tried this at TFOB, and we really impressed. One of the highlights of the fest for me.

Some might give them flack for launching with a single beer, but I think it's a smart move. A lot of the new breweries that are launching with multiple styles right off the bat are getting some pretty poor reviews. Concentrating on one beer at first and getting it right is a good way to build a strong and respected brand, and then build from there.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Had it today at C'est. Nice late-summer beer, and happy to have a hoppy wheat beer available locally. I noticed a bit of a spicy ginger note along with the fruity and bitter flavours.