Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Parkdale 2.0

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Looking at the names and numbers (and a recent pic of a new condo), I suspect he was still living with his parents when this all started... probably more dreaming than anything.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

If you look deep enough, there's quite a rabbit hole of Facebook pages. There's five Jason Parkdale accounts alone.

The person who mentioned cyber squatting was likely right on the money. The same person who created Parkdale Brewery also created...

- Scarborough Cider
- Brockton Brewery
- New Beers Eve
- Parktoberfest
- RXRH (Right by Right Here)
- Parkdale Film Fest
- 416 Records
- Repcap
- Pie Tunes

... and so, so many more. There's wineries, coffee lid companies and healthy eating for school kids pages in that mix too. They all have numerous registered domain names, Facebook pages, personal Facebook accounts, Instragram accounts and Twitter accounts with 2500+ phoney followers. My guess is that you set up some fake businesses and hope someone buys your social media accounts and is impressed by the graphics enough to hire you.

I don't know the whole story behind this but bored graphic/product designer and cyber squatter definitely fit the bill.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ if you can't create value, invent nice-looking packaging!
In Beerum Veritas

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

"Duggans Parkdale and Lansdowne Brewery...just north of Parkdale...competition is fierce in the area now."

I was up at Lansdowne Brewery a couple of weeks ago as my brother is doing some work there. It's a nice room in an old candy factory, and I'm looking forward to what Jeremy brews. Interesting neighbourhood with the brewery sandwiched right between the College\Dundas convergence. The bus stops at the door though so I'll have to master the Lansdowne bus.