Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Fall Release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

Belgian wrote:There is SO much more to life than Belgian Trappist ale.
Say it isn't so!!
You are going to have to change your screen name.

emjay

Post by emjay »

I'd have to agree with StevenThrasher... the Westmalle is absolutely delicious

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

emjay wrote:I'd have to agree with StevenThrasher... the Westmalle is absolutely delicious
Cheers emjay. Just cracked open #6.

10 cases I will have!! (Maybe more if my wife will let me).

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

OK fun evening last night.

So the Queen's Quay location knows how to bring in seasonals!
They have 237 bottles of the Dubbel right now according to the LCBO web site. Should be plenty for all!

emjay

Post by emjay »

you mean plenty for yourself

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

StevenThrasher wrote: This is the perfect beer to use to introduce someone to the realm of good beer. Most of the other elitist 40% ABV beers I destroy brain cells with are way too beyond mere mortal human beings, muahahahhh....

Just pouring number 4 right now....Mmmmm. edit: #5. Wow I could drink 10 of these......... Fan freakin tastic.
I could easily survive Lent drinking this nectar like the Trappist Monks do.
Yea but you wouldn't REMEMBER Lent, would you?

As far as the beer being the perfect so-and-so, Westmalle Dubbel strikes me as being a little bit like Rochefort 6/8 in flavor but less funky and more clean overall. I really like it - more sessionable than Rochefort.
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

For those in Parkdale & area - the Brock St. store had about a dozen bottles of Westmalle on the shelf this afternoon. I only grabbed a few, so there were still some there as of 5 PM today.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

emjay wrote:you mean plenty for yourself
Nah, there is plenty at some other locations in the North End for me to get up to my ten cases.
Shouldn't have to hit Queen's Quay LCBO.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Picked up the Samuel Smith's Nut Brown, the O'Hara's Celtic Stout and the Burton Porter last night.

Wasn't really impressed with any of them.

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

st peters english ale (about 3/4 of which have turned a cloudy milky colour).
I also noticed this in the Ajax LCBO, all but one bottle with a different batch/best before code.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Anyone know when the belhaven, and the fuller's will be on the shelves?

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

robinvboyer wrote:Anyone know when the belhaven, and the fuller's will be on the shelves?
I work at the Mavis/Dundas Store in MIssissauga, the CSPC for the Thistle went live late last week, so hopefully it'll hit the stores next week. I'm thinking in time for the weekend.

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

D'oh! forgot the second part of the query. I have to dig a bit to figure out the Fuller's, it isn't listed in the books as part of the fall release? I saw the brand in the system and thought it was part of the Christmas/Winter release..

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Ghost542 wrote:D'oh! forgot the second part of the query. I have to dig a bit to figure out the Fuller's, it isn't listed in the books as part of the fall release? I saw the brand in the system and thought it was part of the Christmas/Winter release..
The Fuller is coming out in late Oct/ early Nov. from talking to the LCBO.

Also, the other Sept. releases are in Ottawa, sitting at the Bank St. warehouse.....gathering dust.

boerenkool

Post by boerenkool »

It's interesting what a release with a few good products will do for a thread - already on page 9 for the fall release - the summer release thread only made it to six pages

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2237