Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Another Bar Towel Night

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kent

Post by Kent »

Now that we are all recovered from the holidays (hopefully), we should start to plan another get together. There has been talk of Mill Street, The winking Judge, Creemore, and a number I have forgotten. Any other ideas?

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Invade the Judge!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I certainly would like to organize another Bar Towel night. It looks like many Bartowellers will be at the Sam Adams tasting, but unfortunately I will be on a ski vacation. Perhaps we can target an event for mid-late February?

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

I'd be up for that. Also, we should all try to make it out to the Judge's beerfest since Perry will be introducing a new product. And it is an afternoon event, so there won't be a problem with Go transportation.

Joe.

PS I feel bad for you, Cass, having to go on vacation and all. :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcappadocia on 2003-01-18 11:21 ]</font>

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I'm definately planning on hitting the Judge's beer fest in April. An en masse Bar Towel invasion sounds like a good idea.

And I agree with Cass than something in February would be nice. I think I'd suggested Denison's at one point as a good spot for the next offical gathering, but since that is sadly no longer an option, how about the Granite? I've actually never been there, so it'll give me a good excuse to travel into the wilds north of Bloor Street for the first time in ages.

Greg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GregClow on 2003-01-18 16:47 ]</font>

Kent

Post by Kent »

I would never miss the Judge's Beer Fest, but it usually is in April.A get-together prior to that would be great and Granite sounds good.My only problem is that from late Feb. to mid-May I am going to be travelling quite a bit. Would mid-Feb. be ok for you Cass, and everyone else?

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

I live at Yonge/Eg so I'm good pretty much any time (for the Granite). Even if I'm busy I would be able to pop in for an hour.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Granite sounds great, as does mid-Feb. Shall we think about an exact date? Last time Monday worked quite well for most folks - same again?

How about Feb. 10th or 17th?

Off to Quebec to ski tomorrow (can't wait!).

tipsy mcstagger

Post by tipsy mcstagger »

The Granite (next to Denison's and C'est What) is one of those rare places that exudes integrity and a love of the zymurgist's art. I would whole-heartedly support anyone's crafty idea in invading their copper kettles and wish everyone who has not been there a great time...their beers are fantastic and are deserving of praise.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Feb 10th & 17th are both fine for me.

Greg

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

I definately can't make it on the 10th. The 17th would be better, but even then I am unsure if I can make it.

Cheers, Joe.