Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

A Fullers Vintage 2008 followed by a 2006.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Schloss Eggenberg Dopplebock Dunkel. Man I love Dopplebocks, this is no exception. Such a nice and classy looking bottle too, although under the word 'Dunkel' it's labeled as a 'malt liquor' :roll: . Solid seasonal offering though, good stuff.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

im jammin on my first of many Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock that ill have this season. oh happy day!!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Three Philosophers - 2005 vintage. Much more drinkable with a little age.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

matt7215 wrote:im jammin on my first of many Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock that ill have this season. oh happy day!!
Be sure to cellar a few as they age very very well.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Crannog Backhand of God Stout.

Very tasty Irish Stout, I hear it's a draught only brewery, so I guess we won't be finding any around Ontario. Look for it if you are in BC.

...Technically it was yesterday, but the fingers coudn't get to the keyboard.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

De Koningshoeven/La Trappe Quad. Absolutely fantastic. It's so complex and delicious now, but I still plan on buying some more to cellar. What an amazing offering! I was expecting something good, but this has blown me away. 8)

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

Was in Buffalo this weekend and picked up a variety pack of Victory beers; 4x Prima Pils, 4x Hop Devil, and 4x Golden Monkey. looking forward to getting into some of these this weekend.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

devonsleigh wrote:Was in Buffalo this weekend and picked up a variety pack of Victory beers; 4x Prima Pils, 4x Hop Devil, and 4x Golden Monkey. looking forward to getting into some of these this weekend.
Where did you pick that up? I passed on picking one up a while back because the best before was already well out of date at the time.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Fuller's Vintage Ale 2008. I couldn't find any of the 2007 last year so I was looking forward to it this year and it hasn't let me down. Probably much better after some cellaring but it seems pretty good now. I agree with Jon that the alcohol is extremely well integrated, and doesn't distract at all from the sweet malty goodness. Bottle #29200.

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

[quote="JerCraigs"]Where did you pick that up? I passed on picking one up a while back because the best before was already well out of date at the time.[/quote]

Picked it up at Consumers Beverages near the outlet. They were open late as the fiance took longer at the Polo store than expected. It was about 9:30pm and if I recall correctly the pack was $14.99 or $18.99. She also picked up a ST Choklat Stout and Lindemans Cassis.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

After an hour of shovelling I'm enjoying a St Peter's Cream Stout

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

sadly, i've come to the end of my bomber of port 2nd anniversary. delicious stuff. i wish i had another, even if i'd have trouble walking by the time it was done!

guess i'll just have to settle for a glass of the porter i have on tap right now... walking will be easier anyway.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Went to the Castle tonight with matt7215 and had a pint of Hacker-Pschorr Braumeister Pils, Weihenstephaner Hefe, and a half pint of Stonehammer Pils. The Braumeister is actually one of my all-time favourites, and a damn shame I'll probably never have it again :(. I made away with the last 1 litre stein mugs though :D ('made away with', as in paid for it of course).

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Great Lakes Winter Ale then Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale and now a Bah Humbug