Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ola Dubh 40 in the T-dot?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
seriously.......its being held for liscencees........plain and simple.
And we're all so happy for them. ** Edited for 'I was really grumpy this morning' **
Last edited by Belgian on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
seriously.......its being held for liscencees........plain and simple.
And we're all so happy for them. They can keep this fucking beer.
Pretty much. It's just beer after all.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

You guys might want to check out Summerhill.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Ola Dubh 12 has been restocked at a bunch of locations as of yesterday. I picked up 3 bottles at the Atrium on Bay location about 45 minutes ago out of a case on the floor in front of the seasonal beers. There were still 8 left in the box.

The 40 is also finally showing stock, but only at Summerhill, where they have 240 bottles (20 cases). Given that Cooper St. apparently has 9 cases, that only leaves 1 case remaining. I wonder which one will be the lucky store to receive it???

gongu

Post by gongu »

Yes the Ola Dubh 40 is at Summerhill. Stopped by @ 12:30 pm.
Don,t go to Queens Quay /Cooper St. as it wasn't there and is
not showing in the system for that location.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Just grabbed 7 bottles from Summerhill and it appears that all 10 cases are out on the shop floor and not being held for anyone; so all the moaners and bitchers on here are looking pretty silly at the moment running off at the keyboard over a 'rumour'.

It is selling pretty quick though - the staff at Summerhill are pleasantly pleased at how quick it is selling and it will more than likely be gone by the end of the day!!!

And I was told by an LCBO member this morning at Queens Quay that I could call when the 40 is released there and have some bottles held for me. All depends on who you speak with, I suppose.
Last edited by Torontoblue on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

GregClow wrote: The 40 is also finally showing stock, but only at Summerhill, where they have 240 bottles (20 cases). Given that Cooper St. apparently has 9 cases, that only leaves 1 case remaining. I wonder which one will be the lucky store to receive it???
Greg, I'd suspect the Summerhill level is a system glitch and they don't actually have that many cases. They were supposed to get the same allotment as Cooper St.

gongu

Post by gongu »

Looked like about 20 cases on the floor when I was there @ 12:30 pm.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Sonsofbitches - everything at 1 store - screw everyone else.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

tuqueboy wrote:
GregClow wrote: The 40 is also finally showing stock, but only at Summerhill, where they have 240 bottles (20 cases). Given that Cooper St. apparently has 9 cases, that only leaves 1 case remaining. I wonder which one will be the lucky store to receive it???
Greg, I'd suspect the Summerhill level is a system glitch and they don't actually have that many cases. They were supposed to get the same allotment as Cooper St.
Blue did mention Summerhill had out "all ten cases" out which would be 120 bottles. That may leave about ten more cases, possibly in transit?? (Manulife, etc.)

At any rate I bought a few, andf there were 35 of the 120 left as of 4.10 PM. I don't imagine the window of opportunity will be very long for most people to even chance finding it at Summerhill! Unfortunate.
In Beerum Veritas

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Bought 1/2 dozen of the 12 today. Could not pull the trigger on the 40.

cirrosis

Post by cirrosis »

to the person who ordered the case of ola 12 to the Mavis & Steels, Brampton store, your now 9 pack is waiting!
if you need me i'll be in the fifth circle of hell

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cirrosis wrote:to the person who ordered the case of ola 12 to the Mavis & Steels, Brampton store, your now 9 pack is waiting!
Probably the best investment! :D You will freakin' enjoy that.
In Beerum Veritas

fluke17

Post by fluke17 »

As of 10 mins ago @ about 5:30, 17 bottles of 40 left, and lots of 12 @ summerhill.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Torontoblue wrote:Just grabbed 7 bottles from Summerhill .
And I just 6 - sheepishly I realize that is 1.66% of the entire shipment to Ontario. I will definitely share them though, with 150,000 other Ontarians. Hell it's rarer here than Westy 12, a beer that's 100% private & gray market. Just in case this encourages anyone to buy at least one OD-40!!
In Beerum Veritas