Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Stone at Volo?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Stone at Volo?

Post by Jon Walker »

Certainly seems to be the suggestion being made at their Facebook page;
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 0703556161
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Tomas Morana was talking about a Stone Night weeks & weeks ago.

You show up, you drink Stone & nothing else!
I can roll with that...
In Beerum Veritas

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Jon Walker wrote:Certainly seems to be the suggestion being made at their Facebook page;
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 0703556161
I just saw that on facebook and I went on here to start a thread... you beat me to it. I'm excited!

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Both Thomas and Ralph confirmed months ago that they were getting Stone in. Not sure which ones but obviously Ruination. I'm sure they'll release the details when they're ready.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

ritzkiss wrote:Both Thomas and Ralph confirmed months ago that they were getting Stone in. Not sure which ones but obviously Ruination. I'm sure they'll release the details when they're ready.
As ever with Volo conversations, my memory is vague, but I do remember the list being extremely impressive.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

I think the illuminated STONE sign behind the bar was a bit of a giveaway of what was coming ;-)

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Belgian wrote: You show up, you drink Stone & nothing else! I can roll with that...
So can I good sir. So can I.

bartle

Post by bartle »

I believe the day will be upon us soon. Very soon. But, that's just the word floating in the breeze.

A bar full of arrogant bastards?! cool.
enjoi

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Well all those of you who knew "months ago" that this was coming...aren't you clever! For those of us who didn't know (cause I live 5000km away) it's pretty great news. More than just a sampling night I would hope this presents an opening of a hitherto very firmly shut door. Is it too much to hope that private orders and/or LCBO listings could lie ahead? For now I'll thank my lucky stars I will, by sheer luck, be in T.O. when this unfolds (I hope).

Mr. Lou Pepe

Post by Mr. Lou Pepe »

Does anyone know all the brands that Volo ordered?

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Just an update from B.C...since there's that screening of "Beer Wars" here tomorrow (I'm going!) featuring Stone beers, it turns out a very small quantity made it retail stores. I was able to secure a flat of Ruination, a flat of IPA, some bombers of porter, arrogant bastard and some sixes of Levitation. They also had the Pale Ale. Prices weren't too bad either...Ruination was $20 a six. What was released came in on Friday at 6pm, sold out by today at 6pm. I believe only about 30 cases total made it into stores.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Branded chintz is not really my thing, but this may appeal to some here:

http://www.bottlehood.com/stoneARROGANT ... BLERS.html

At least it's recycled!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Tapsucker wrote:Branded chintz is not really my thing, but this may appeal to some here:

http://www.bottlehood.com/stoneARROGANT ... BLERS.html

At least it's recycled!
LOL not to be an ass (which has never stopped me before) but those look terrible. They remind me of some grade-school project or something from way way back... ever see a "drinking glass" made from a stubby? Not pretty.

I believe you could create the glass shown in the link from any bomber bottle, with the careful use of a good diamond (?) hacksaw (gloves & goggles) and then finish the cut edge with sandpaper & a carefuly pass with a propane torch. Then you would need a cold beverage to ponder why you just wasted an hour or two doing that... :lol:
In Beerum Veritas

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Bieropholie has added Stone as an upcoming order in March. Perhaps this gives a hint to as to what is coming to Volo? Or maybe not.

From the Bieropholie list:
- IPA
- Arrogant Bastard
- Double Bastard
- Russian Imperial Stout
- Ruination IPA
- Sublimely Self Righteous Ale
- Vertical Epic
- Anniversary

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

inertiaboy wrote:Bieropholie has added Stone as an upcoming order in March. Perhaps this gives a hint to as to what is coming to Volo? Or maybe not.

From the Bieropholie list:
- IPA
- Arrogant Bastard
- Double Bastard
- Russian Imperial Stout
- Ruination IPA
- Sublimely Self Righteous Ale
- Vertical Epic
- Anniversary

:o :o :o
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!