Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What video games are you playing? (Not beer related)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Has anyone here played Assassin's creed and gotten all the flags, WITHOUT A GUIDE or walkthrough. I'm working on it now. I have all the Mysayaf flags, all the King Richard Flags, and all the Teutonic Flags.......but damn, this shit is hard!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Grey

Post by Grey »

Mostly Battlefield 2 (infantry only).
I've also recently played a bit of Day of Defeat, and Quake 2 (lithium mod).

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption and it's really well done. The gameplay is almost better if you ignore the story.
saintjohnswort.ca

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

So my friend lent me a copy of Call of Duty World At War........looks ok and sounds good, but honestly, this is the exact same game I played with every other Call of Duty.......I can't explain it, these games just have a weird feel to them, which makes them seem not as good as they could be.....perhaps they are just too silly or something.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

carguy

Post by carguy »

Forza

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I don't play computer games, but to contribute something equally random boy are these hushpuppy clogs ever nice comfy shoes! Another good reason to shop in Beer-falo.
In Beerum Veritas

mike15

Post by mike15 »

I'm playin cod modern warfare 2 and red dead right now. The cod series have always been more about the online multiplayer. The offline stuff is ok, but online is absofrickinlutly nuts!

cirrosis

Post by cirrosis »

Fallout 3 with a 710 Heineken/Guinness pub can in a 1l Faxe glass.
Oblivion, the Elder Scrolls with a Grand River Galt Knife Old Style.
if you need me i'll be in the fifth circle of hell

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cirrosis wrote: Oblivion, the Elder Scrolls with a Grand River Galt Knife Old Style.

Excellent game........just started this one myself. What a work of art!

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
cirrosis wrote: Oblivion, the Elder Scrolls with a Grand River Galt Knife Old Style.

Excellent game........just started this one myself. What a work of art!
Yes a very good game. Also the newer Dragon Age: Origins is very engaging as well. It was game of the year on a lot of industries lists for 2009.

As for Burgertime indeed one of the classics. I have recently been playing a lot of the arcade games on mame and am refurbishing original arcade control panels I bought for Tron and Spy Hunter to play them as they should be played.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

19 hours into Oblivion and I haven't even touched any of the main quests yet.......I love it!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

This is from a time when video games were actually fun.

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

SteelbackGuy wrote:19 hours into Oblivion and I haven't even touched any of the main quests yet.......I love it!
I've played about 50 hours with 4 or 5 different characters and still haven't touched the main quest. I'll likely try it when Elder Scrolls V is about to come out.

cirrosis

Post by cirrosis »

first oblivion game took me 675 hours to complete all quests. long before Grand River was around
if you need me i'll be in the fifth circle of hell

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cirrosis wrote:first oblivion game took me 675 hours to complete all quests. long before Grand River was around

:o :o :o

WTF?!??!

I think I did about 350 hours in Morrowind, as I tried to collect all the books.
This game has a smaller map but the quests just keep coming, and it is simply awe inspiring to look at.

BTW, those Painted Trolls in the painting were HARD!!!!!!!!