Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Towel Gathering - Thursday, March 18 @ Ciro's - ROLL CAL

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

On 2004-03-08 13:41, DukeOfYork wrote:
Sorry, no. Latin composition midterm the next day. A similar scheduling conflict ruined my chances of attending the Ratebeer gathering in Christmas. D'oh.
Where the hell are your priorities!!!

Joe

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

I look forward to attending.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I'll be there around 6...

burgermeister

Post by burgermeister »

Just realized that I don't know where Ciro's is. Could someone please post the address here so I know where to stop the car or get off the TTC.

Thanks.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

On 2004-03-18 10:54, burgermeister wrote:
Just realized that I don't know where Ciro's is. Could someone please post the address here so I know where to stop the car or get off the TTC.

Thanks.
Not sure exactly where it is, but it is near the Lansdowne Subway station if I'm not mistaken.

Joe

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

It is on the north side of Bloor St., just west of Lansdowne.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Oh, and I'm definitely looking forward to it tonight. See everyone there!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

First post-gathering post! :smile:

I was great to see everyone tonight. Especially great to see all the brewery reps that showed up, including the surprise visit from the rep for the Greek beer Alfa (even though the beer was pretty crappy...).

Thanks to Frank at Ciro's for hosting us, and for showing the Leafs game on all the TVs. Cass, I will be holding you to the idea we had for holding the next gathering at C'est What during the playoffs. :smile:

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I agree with Greg that the outing was definitely a success. Nice to see a good crowd of bartowelers and reps. Got to try a couple new beers. I will definitely be making some return visits to Ciro's once its warm enough for the short bike ride from my place.

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Thanks to Cass and to everyone else. It was pleasure to be able to sit and chat.

Regards,

Uncle Bobby

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Wish I could've been there, but everything seemed to conspire against it. :sad:

Glad you guys had fun though!

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Hi Gang, Had a great time, enjoyed meeting some new folks, and seeing Greg, Cass & Dan again... Thanks for Ralph from Volo's - (Duh... I went there first!) for pointing me in the right direction! I'm already looking forward to the next event at C'est What? - I know my way there :^)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

It was definitely great seeing everyone again, and special thanks to Frank for hosting.

We'll have a gathering for some Leafs action at C'est What during the playoffs, for sure.