Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BrewDog Update

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

BrewDog Update

Post by Roland + Russell »

Thank you all for a tremendous response to this order. We are slowly plowing our way through the paperwork and will start sending out the required documents late tomorrow.

We are planning to close this order Monday, January 31, so for those of you still mulling this over please send your wish list to us by then.

Cheers,
Last edited by Roland + Russell on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Are you referring to the Brewdog order?
^^^Hop-head ^^^

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Any updates R+R??
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Roland + Russell

The revised shipment pick up date is March 22. Once the shipment is on the water, we will have a better idea in respect to its ETA.

Best regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Streets

Post by Streets »

Any idea when our ship will come in?

zachariaIPA

Post by zachariaIPA »

I didn't make it in on this order- anyone looking to sell part of their stash? pm me..

clarkbrew

Post by clarkbrew »

Has anyone heard anything on this yet? I am very excited and the wait is sooooooo long.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I'm oooooold! And I'm not happy! And I don't like things now compared to the way they used to be. All this progress -- phooey! In my day, we didn't have these liquor stores that would give you beer when you needed it. There was only one liquor store in each province -- it was open only one hour a year. And you'd get in line, seventeen miles long, and the line became an angry mob of people -- fornicators and thieves, mutant children and circus freaks -- and you waited for years and by the time you got to the counter, you were senile and arthritic and you couldn't remember your own name. You were born, got in line, and ya died! And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Not a dig at anyone, I just feel like Dana Carvey's grumpy old man too, waiting for some of these orders.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Roland + Russell

Hello,

We had thought the shipment arrival was imminent. However, there were some delays at the brewery of which we only became aware of a few days ago. We are sorry to say the beer won't be here till some time next month.

Demand is exceeding supply at Brew Dog, but the beers have finally left the brewery as of this past week. We will forward any other pertinent information we receive. Please accept our apologies for these unforeseen circumstances.

Regards,
Roland + Russell
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Roland + Russell wrote:Hello,

We had thought the shipment arrival was imminent. However, there were some delays at the brewery of which we only became aware of a few days ago. We are sorry to say the beer won't be here till some time next month.

Demand is exceeding supply at Brew Dog, but the beers have finally left the brewery as of this past week. We will forward any other pertinent information we receive. Please accept our apologies for these unforeseen circumstances.

Regards,
Roland + Russell
So what is the status now? Between this and the Picaroon's order I'm waiting on a ton of beer.....and I'm getting thirsty....LOL

Streets

Post by Streets »

It's getting near the end of June, any updates yet? Lost at sea?

Roland + Russell

The shipment has arrived and is undergoing the standard clearing/testing and possible re-labeling procedure at LCBO Specialty Services.

Individual customers will receive their invoices by email when the shipment is released.

Best regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

free bacon

Post by free bacon »

I just got back from Edinburgh and spent an evening at the Brewdog pub. I sampled much of their wares and can tell you that it will be well worth the wait.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Is anyone else still waiting to hear about their cases? I know a bunch of people have already managed to collect their orders, but I haven't received any notice from the LCBO yet... Just want to make sure I'm not the only one still waiting.

Soods

Post by Soods »

Still waiting here :(