Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at The Morrissey House:

F&M MacLean's Pale Ale (draught)
Michael Duggan #9 IPA (draught)
Flying Monkeys Smash Bomb Atomic IPA (draught)
Fuller's ESB (draught)

Great to see Muskoka Cream Ale, Hacker Pschorr Maibock, and Mill Street Tankhouse on tap as well. Mark is stepping up his game with the draughts, and the bottle selection (mostly Ontario & US micros) remains solid. I'm looking forward to attending whatever events they're holding during OCB week.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

38 Birthday Cake and Netherworld this afternoon at the Brewery Market at Wychwood Barns. Good turnout of folks this afternoon. Unfortunately the Birthday Cake and Bubble Scream one-offs and the SmashBomb went fast.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Shared a large can of Molson M with my father-in-law. "Lovely" pale yellow colour - just another Macro Marketing Scheme.

Galt Knife Old Style - liked this better than I remember when I tried it a couple of years ago.

Amsterdam Oranje Weisse - much as I try, I just can't get into this style of beer. Very good for what it should be, just not my type.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ahhh rast night with Hegerrec, Adirr, John Ruke, Danierre..........

Taps Singre Hop Cascade Pare Are
Cheshire Varrey Robust Porter
CHeshire Varrey Unfirtered IPA

Prus a sampre of Cram Are!!!!!!!!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Last night a 500ml Steamwhistle and a Sleeman Honey Brown. What is it with that weird"copper-y" aftertaste with Sleeman beers?? Terrible.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Rogue Double Dead Guy - a brilliant concept, but if you can find theregular Dead Guy Ale in six-packs, in my view all the same big tasty flavors are there even if in lesser concentration.

Hitachino Nest White Ale - one of the best summer ales we've gotten here.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

This aft at Gambrinus, lunch with my Dad.........

Black Oak Nut Brown
Mill Gap Bitter
Cheshire Unfiltered IPA
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Last night a Rogue Chipotle, I like the smokiness. Spicy but not over the top, also enjoyed a Crazy Canuck...great stuff!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Hopaholic

Post by Hopaholic »

for my birthday breakfast thismorning i had a pint of my attempt at a tankhouse clone folowed by another right now im having a homeade cider, both from my newly built kegerator im just breaking in as of sunday, i have a few mad toms in the fridge and gonna go out to merchant ale house soon for a pint or two

Dokta Owange

Post by Dokta Owange »

speaking of breaking in a new kegerator, I did the same on Sunday...with my latest Homebrew, currently enjoying my Coconut Vanilla Stout. :D

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Hitachino Nest White - tastes great after hauling a dozen bombers and my laptop and lunch bucket up 6 flights of stairs
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Lake of Bays Rousse - it's just turned up at my local lcbo. Not bad, and certainly nice and cold in the heat.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Drinking another Mad Tom, think this finishes off the first sixer I bought, likely the Rogue Northwestern afterwards although that last Aphrodisiaque in my fridge is making eyes at me
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

At the Kick Off with some friends: La Trappe Quad, Chiswick Bitter, and Molson Stock Ale.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, that Stock Ale is actually a decent beer.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

After shooting some videos for the website, Three Floyds Gumball Head (wow, the hops really shines here... in a wheat... who knew??) and Founder's Centenial (i remembered this better than what this batch offered)