Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer Lists Cass?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

There was talk a while back that didn't seem to pan out, of having lists of what's available from the agents and bars active on the site. It would be a bit of work to maintain but I think it would be worth it. (unless its already up somewhere and I'm the only dope who doesn't know about it!)

My "dream" list:
Good: Listings from Esprit and Rubaiyat
Better: Including a list of licensees for the less widely distributed beers.

Good: Bottle lists of a few bars with larger selections. (Smokeless, Ciro's, Beer Bistro (already done! Yay!) Academy of Spherical Arts etc.)
Better: Updated semi-regularly.

It is a lot of work but Im sure a few of the guys on the site could help in terms of html code, or those agents/bars who would like the publicity could type it up for Cass.

Anyways, im babbling now but I think it would be cool to see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JerCraigs on 2004-03-18 13:31 ]</font>

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Great idea - but we need some help. I'm always willing to host beer lists from the various beer-related folks in the city - currently we do have the full list for Beerbistro and Esprit's listing. There are some older lists, including Premier Gourmet & the Esplanade.

However, I would need the agents, bars, etc. to provide the info to me. If I got it, I'll put it up on the site.

I think most people find it easier to simply post up the news on the forum.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Great Idea!
What about a section for Beer Lists like there are for Random talk, beer reviews, etc.
Modifiable by the bar themselves. Then whenever a change is made to that places list it will show at the top of the screen in bold.
However it turns out I would love to post my list from the Academy.
Colin

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

What about a section for Beer Lists like there are for Random talk, beer reviews, etc.
Modifiable by the bar themselves.
From a consumer perspective, that seems like a good idea, provided that there's more than just luke-warm interest in setting it up. Create a separate forum, but instead of having topics you would have a list of bars/agents who could post their lists and then update/edit them as necessary. This might be a relatively simple way to do it. Or just keep things as they are. Either way works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatsheaf on 2004-03-25 14:57 ]</font>

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

Working on something that will solve the "agents'" list at least -- likely to include Esprit's as well.

Still be a while though ... stay tuned.

In the interim -- don't hesitate to write directly for info any time all the time .. :wink:

RUBAIYAT: paul@greatdrinks.com
ESPRIT: esprit@primus.ca

Cheers,

Paul

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I think the idea of a separate forum for "beer lists" is a great one too and I would use it regularly. Just my two cents.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

What I think I can do (easily) is set up a new forum area where only certain users can post. So everyone can read, but only the beer reps/owners/managers will be given access to post.

Is anyone interested in this?

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Sounds great Cass! When you have time, Yes please, do add this.

Thanks, Cheers, Doug

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Absolutely. Sounds like a great idea. Ideally, IMHO, it would be nice if they would always edit their own posts, instead of adding new ones, so that there is always a "current" list of available beers.

Radek

Post by Radek »

Great idea.... lets do it .

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Well, what I meant was is there any interest from the beer reps/agents/pub owners, etc. to maintain this kind of thing?

Obviously I know there's interest from the beer connoisseurs :smile: But without the participation of the reps/owners/managers, we've got nothing.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Ok, I've created the forum, beginning with the Academy and Beerbistro.

Please submit your lists to me, and I'll post them up.

The forum cannot be posted to, so you don't have to worry about anyone commenting on the lists.