Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

DeuS Brut Des Flandres, Pauwel Kwak and Tripel Karmeliet

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bosteels

DeuS Brut Des Flandres, Pauwel Kwak and Tripel Karmeliet

Post by Bosteels »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce ourselves to you.

We are the agents for Brewery Bosteels, brewers of; Deus, Pauwel Kwak and Tripel Karmeliet.

We are now accepting orders for arrival fall 2008.
Should anyone like to place an order please email us at: info@wineguyimports.com

Cheers!

[/b]
Last edited by Bosteels on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Do any places serve the Kwak with that special glass and wood stand? That would make a fun Xmas gift pack.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Smokeless Joes has the original stand on display, but it's served in a new version of the kwak glass (without a wood stand).

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

I e-mailed these guys for pricing and got no reply.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

THanks Derek...I suppose *looking* at the funky wooden stand is as good as it gets. Haven't been to Smokeless in over a year...but heading over next week, can't wait!

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

If you are looking for the glass and stand, here are a couple of suggestions:

- Pub Italia - this Ottawa pub has a retail store that sells some glasses. I'm not sure if they have the Kwak glass.
- Bièropholie - the Montreal beer club has some glasses and appears to currently have this one. You'll have to pick it up in Montreal from the club as this is a hobby and not a business.

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

You can get the Kwak glass and stand at some NY state beer stores. I got mine (I am quite sure) at Ithaca's Finger Lake Beverages. I would not be surprized if Beers of the World in Rochester had them given their extensive collection a bit of which is here.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Al of Kingston wrote:You can get the Kwak glass and stand at some NY state beer stores. I got mine (I am quite sure) at Ithaca's Finger Lake Beverages. I would not be surprized if Beers of the World in Rochester had them given their extensive collection a bit of which is here.
Yowza, that's a lot of glass!!!!!

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

That is about 40% of it. They even have, as I recall, a large display of German ceramic steins for sale.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

inertiaboy wrote:If you are looking for the glass and stand, here are a couple of suggestions:

- Pub Italia - this Ottawa pub has a retail store that sells some glasses. I'm not sure if they have the Kwak glass.
- Bièropholie - the Montreal beer club has some glasses and appears to currently have this one. You'll have to pick it up in Montreal from the club as this is a hobby and not a business.
I saw a generic Kwak glass & stirrup stand down on King Street East - the big kitchen store on the south side somewhere around Parliament or Church.

Funny thing was I recognized it at the time and I wasn't that much into beer. They have re-organized the store since then, but all glasses were on display at the time.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Thanks Al & Inertiaboy.
I'm planning to head to NY state for the May long weekend for a camping trip, if weather permits. Been looking around Allegany State Park. Anyone have tips? I figure I'd pick up some good brews on the way down through Buffalo area and then may be have a day trip from Allegany to nearby breweries (Southern Tier...anything else nearby?)
Ahhh.....sorry for going off-topic!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

As the former agent for this brewery, I think I still might have some glasses and stands in stock...I'll check it out this week and let you know as I'll gladly sell them if I have any...I'm more than likely to have stands as the glasses broke all the time when they were put through dishwashers. They were incredibly expensive and were treated like McDonald's Happy Cups at the Esplanade...meaning they walked out the door constantly. We dropped the brand because there was little demand for it although I do wish the new agent all the best as the brewery makes some good beer.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I tend to store all my McDonalds Happy Cups in boxes these days, until I get a nice bar area set up. If you've got some lying around...drop me a line. Thanks!

Bosteels

Post by Bosteels »

Pauwel Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet and DeuS Brut Des Flandres.

We are now accepting private orders for arrival this fall.

Should any like to place an order please email us at:
info@wineguyimports.com

Cheers!
Bosteels Beers; DeuS, Pauwel Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet.

We are the exclusive distributor for these.
Feel free to email us inquiries both on and of licence sales.

Cheers!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Anyone in Ottawa want to split on a case of any of these?