Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Upcoming Beer Dinner

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Just a heads up to anyone interested - there will be a beer dinner featuring Cameron's and Unibroue, on Monday, November 25th at Nevada, in the Beach.

I'll post more info when I get it.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Here are the details of the upcoming beer dinner at Nevada in the Beach (1963 Queen St. East):

The dinner is being held on Monday, November 25th at 7:30pm. There will be six dishes made with beer, including mussels, shrimp, and chicken, each with an accompanying glass of that beer used to cook the dish with. The dinner will be hosted by Ontario Unibroue rep Steve Thibault.

Beers being featured include Cameron's Auburn Ale and Lager, McAuslan Griffon Pale and Oatmeal Stout, and Unibroue's Blanche de Chambly and Maudite.

Tickets are $30 each. You can't buy tickets at the door - only by reserving via phone (call James at (416) 691-8462). As of Sunday there were only 25 out of 55 tickets left.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2002-11-19 12:59 ]</font>

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

What a night! The dinner started at 7:30pm and finished around 11-11:30pm, however most people stuck around until much later.

Steve Thibeault of Unibroue spoke about the history and different styles of beer before the dinner started and in between each course, but only for about 5 minutes or less at a time.

Each course was made with a beer and served with the same beer it was made with. They provided one bottle of beer for two people, so everyone ended up with half a beer of each brew with each course.

Each seat had the menu for the evening along with a little booklet called "Nevada Beer Dinner" with the three brewery logos on the front and a biography of each brewery along with a desciption of each beer served.

Here's the menu:

1) Organic baby spinach, smoked bacon, caramelized red onions, capers & orange vinaigrette.
Beer: Unibroue Blanche de Chambly

2) Cajun spiced jumbo black tiger shrimp, taramind glaze & fresh coconut green chili chambo.
Beer: Cameron's Lager

3) Steamed P.E.I. mussels with saffron, guajillo chilis, shallots, red onion, Auburn Ale & julienne tomato.
Beer: Cameron's Auburn Ale

4) French brie & toni mushroom bastilla served with spicy Indian style mango chutney.
Beer: St. Ambroise Pale Ale

5) Curried free range chicken breast, with rice, jalapenos, pineapple, yogurt sauce & papa dom.
Beer: Unibroue Maudite

6) Tarte tatin with oatmeal stout coulis.
Beer: St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout

The good news in all this is that the reps of all three Breweries were extremely pleased with the way the evening progressed so they will definitely be holding more of these beer dinners, either all together again or on their own.

The other good news is that there were more women in attendance than men. I'd say about 60% of the patrons were women! It's nice to see more and more women appreciating beer and beer cuisine.

All in all, this was definitely worth $30!