Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Panil and Gouden Carolus

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

D Derry

Panil and Gouden Carolus

Post by D Derry »

Last I heard (about a month ago), Roland + Russell are putting together private orders for Panil and for the full line of Gouden Carolus. I've got a request in for a case of Panil (750 ml), a case of Gouden Carolus Classic (330 ml) and one of Gouden Carolus Christmas Ale (750 ml), but I suspect they may be waiting to get enough requests to move ahead with these. So if this whets anybody's appetite, you know what to do . . .

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Usually R+R post in the import forum when they are arranging a group order. I don't recall them mentioning anything about these two.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

D Derry

Post by D Derry »

Well, either they're yanking my chain, having me fill out private order forms just for kicks, or they haven't got around to posting here.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

No chain yanking likely. But if they expect others to jump on a group order they'd usually post about it. They may be adding you to a consignment order for their restaurant clients.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

No chains here at Roland + Russell and we certainly would not yank them.
In short, we tried to secure enough interest for a Private Ordering shipment of Panil, but we had limited response and for a variety of reasons the Consignment route was not an option. In the meantime, some fine people started asking about Panil so here we are again.
It seems there are some new customers who would love to get this beer into their hands. So, let's try again with Panil. Keep in mind they recently announced new prices:

$170.50 per case of 12 x 750 ml 8%ABV

As far as Het Anker goes, we are taking orders for all of their beers except Easter Beer. They have a new one that is highly acclaimed - Hopsinjoor. The prices have been slightly increased, nothing dramatic for now.

Boscoulis $76.80 per case of 24 x 330 ml
Cuvee Van de Kaizer $91.80 per case of 12 x 750 ml
Van de Kaizer Blau $98.40 per case of 12 x 750 ml
Margriet $67.20 per case of 24 x 330 ml
Gouden Carolus Christmas beer $73.29 per case of 24 x 330 ml
Gouden Carolus Classic $72.00 per case of 24 x 330 ml
Gouden Carolus Christmas beer $81.00 per case of 12 x 750 ml
Hopsinjoor $75.60 per case of 24 x 330 ml
Gouden Carolus Tripel $72.00 per case of 24 x 330 ml
Gouden Carolus Ambrio $68.50 per case of 24 x 330 ml

Please email us if you are interested.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Very tempted here for some Het Anker. Recently grabbed some in Buffalo (the Cuvee Van de Kaizer Blue)
The Hopsinjoor sounds very intriguing by the description and ratings...and a bit mroe appealing with it's smaller bottle size.
Anyone here have comments on the Hopsinjoor?

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

Anyone want to split a case of any of the following?

Van de Kaizer Blau $98.40 per case of 12 x 750 ml
Gouden Carolus Christmas beer $73.29 per case of 24 x 330 ml

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

If anyone in the Ottawa area wants to split on a case of the Classic, Christmas, and/or the Van de Kaizer Blau, let me know! I'm going to get a case regardless, but variety is nice.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Any word on when this order is going to be available? Really hoping it's here in time for the holidays!

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

The Gouden Carolus order arrived last week and is waiting in the Lab queue. We hope to see it released very soon and will keep you posted.

Best regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

How long does this part of the process usually take? Would you expect it to be released before the weekend?

Just trying to figure out if I'm going to have it before I leave for the holidays. I was hoping some bottles would be available for Christmas gifts :)

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

... this ever getting released?

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Hey Jesse,

I notice you've reserved 1 bottle of the Van de Kaizer Blau on the KW Private Beer Orders spreadsheet. This isn't what you're talking about, is it?

Last I spoke with R+R, the Blau was on its way but AFAIK not yet at the LCBO, so it would still be a few weeks at least, if not months.
Mat

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I think that is a different Jesse...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

tupalev wrote:I think that is a different Jesse...
almost the exact same name but different person.

hey Mat could we add a case of Hopsinjoor onto the spreadsheet?