Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Grand River IPA / case splitting

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Grand River IPA / case splitting

Post by matt7215 »

I was told by Bob that this will be pre-sold in cases. I dont think has been officially desided but its worth discussing. Ill will be down to grand river in the new year to confirm. I know most people will be dieing to try this but a case can be a big commitment for some of us. I thought Id start this post here to try to help people have a place to arrange splitting cases. Also since I live 10 minutes from the brewer if anyone want me tp pick up their order or just wants me to grap an extra case to hold for people just let me know.
cheers
matt

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I moved this over to the Private Ordering forum since that's where discussion of group orders & case splitting generally takes place.

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

I'll add a line to the KW Beer Orders spreadsheet :)
Mat

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

GregClow wrote:I moved this over to the Private Ordering forum since that's where discussion of group orders & case splitting generally takes place.
thanks for the move greg.....i wasnt thinking :o

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I would definitely be interested, but I would like to get an idea about pricing before I make any commitments. Praise be to Bacchus if we actually get a great locally brewed IPA.

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

Just an FYI, I was speaking to Rob at the Castle on Friday night about a few things. With all the recent discussions with the DFH & ST skyrocketing prices, there seems to be some hope that GR’s IPA may be our hop savior. Based on GRs record, they will no doubt produce a fantastic beer, but it will not be a west coast hop bomb. This is not surprising since I recall Rob telling me in the past that Cascade hops remind him of the smell of feet! I don’t know much about brewing, but supposedly the hardness of the water is not ideal for this type of brew either. So the IPA will be all British hops. Of course they haven’t brewed it yet, so not even they know all the final details. Regardless I’m in for a case.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I think I recall Bob saying that info about ordering the IPA cases would be going up on the website when the brew comes to fruition. I don't recall him mentioning anything about that info going out in the new newsletter, but I imaging that such offerings are probably one of the main purposes of the newsletter.

I'm super excited about a quality, uber-fresh British style IPA coming to Ontario. As far as I'm concerned, it's even more rare in these parts than the hop-bomb American IPA's.

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

Anybody know if these will be in the GR standard 500ml bottle or 341 ml bottles?

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Brit IPA nice. Anyone in O-Town make trips out to that neck of the woods regularly? I'd be happy to split on a case.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

British IPA/hops or no this will still be a decent sized beer - I was told to expect 6.5% abv.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Bytowner wrote:Brit IPA nice. Anyone in O-Town make trips out to that neck of the woods regularly? I'd be happy to split on a case.
Where is this all taking place? I'm heading down to Peterborough and Toronto in 3 weeks to visit my parents and such. If something can be arranged I'll bring back some beer! Also I can't seem to get a hold of Peter at Esprit, but I would like to take some beer off his hands if they have any I can pick up while I'm there too!!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'm interested in getting in on a case as well.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I will try to get out there when I'm down in Toronto!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I'll definitely take a case as well... though I'm not sure I'd trade many of them!